~ T H I R T E E N ~

I was woken up to Lane crying. I heard the guys groan and try to fall back to sleep. I just sighed and rubbed my eyes. I got up careful not to step on the guys. I walked over to my little princess and picked her up.

"What's wrong princess?" I asked her.

She looked up at me with her tear filled eyes. I gave her a pout and she smiled at me. I laughed and began to see what was wrong with her. She had a clean diaper, maybe she's hungry. I walked out of the room and to the kitchen. I made her a bottle of milk and tested it on my arm before bringing it up to her mouth. She gladly took the bottle and began drinking it.

I walked into the living room and sat down on the couch. I just sat there watching her eat. Why does she have to be so cute? I chuckled when she let out a little burp. She looked up at me with her big smile. Although she didn't have teeth yet, you could make out the little bumps of where they would be.

She grabbed my hand and laced her tiny little fingers around my pointer finger. She is so tiny. Once the bottle was gone she was still a little fussy. I was very confused. I made sure she had everything. I tried rocking her to sleep. What the fuck is wrong with her?

------------------------

She never stopped fussing the whole night. I stayed up sitting in that rocking chair trying to lull her to sleep but she wouldn't. My mom came downstairs and looked at me with a curious look. I let out a sigh and closed my eyes.

"She wouldn't stop fussing all night. And I didn't want to keep the guys up." I said with a tired tone to my voice.

"Oh sweetheart. You can't do that to yourself. Here I'll watch her. You go upstairs and get some rest." She said coming over to pick up Lane.

"No. It's fine. I've lasted this long. She has to stop fussing at some point. Right?" I asked.

"Maybe. She might be getting her teeth in so her gums probably hurt. That's why she's been chewing on everything lately." She said.

Well that actually makes sense. I looked at mom only to see her smiling down at me. She walked into the kitchen and came back with a little ring. I looked at it confused.

"It's a teething ring. You can make it cold and it will ease their pain so they don't fuss as much. It worked like a charm on you."

"Thanks." I grabbed the ring from her and gave it to Lane.

She put it in her mouth and began to chew on it. She stopped fussing. I looked at mom happily. Thank god. I thought she would never be quiet. I love her and all, but I need my sleep too. I smiled down at my little princess and kissed the top of her head.

"Oh and by the way, your dad said that he invited Peters over for dinner tonight. He said that they have become very close ever since your father was promoted. Plus it would be nice to finally have some 'real' friends. I mean all those people last night. Woah."

I chuckled and stood up. I kissed my mom's cheek.

"Ok mom. Love ya." I said.

"I'm so proud of you and everything you have accomplished. I love you too Axel." My mom said hugging me.

I smiled and walked up to my room. I laid Lane down in her crib. After she stopped fussing she fell asleep so I took the teething ring. She was laying on her bed so peaceful. I smiled and kissed the top of her head.

I walked to my bed exhausted. I covered up in the blankets and tried to fall asleep. But my dad walked in.

"Wake up boys!" He yelled.

"For fucks sake." I muttered.

"Why!!!! I was having the best dream!" Max yelled back.

"Shut the fuck up. Jesus you all need to learn how to wake a sleeping person." Jake complained.

Well there's that. No more sleep for Axel. Yay! Fuck this. I got up and changed into normal clothes and walked downstairs. Lane had woken up from my father and idiot friends yelling so I brought her down with me.

My mom looked at me with a glare.

"I thought I told you to go to sleep." She said.

"Well you didn't tell that to your husband or my idiot friends. Now Lane is awake along with me." I said tired.

She grabbed my princess out of my arms. She held her while I sat down and rested my head on the table. I could just fall asleep right here. My eyes began to drop until a hand was laid on my back making me sit up strait.

"God dammit hun. He was trying to sleep. He was awake all night with this little one." My mom said.

"Oh sorry kiddo. Why don't you go up to your room and try to sleep?"

"Already tried. But that failed."

He looked at me with a frown. The guys came downstairs with their bags. I looked at them confused.

"Our parents called and said that we needed to be home by 10. Sorry man. We'll see you tomorrow." They said walking out the door with a wave.

I sighed and got up. I went to my room and laid on my bed. I pulled the blankets up around me and closed my eyes. And for the first time in about 20 hours, I fell asleep.

Gotta love parenting.