Page 10

Maddie ate her breakfast of eggs, bacon, and toast silently thankful that her stitches where out. Bucky sat across from her, busily eating the food on his plate. He had forced her to sit there while he made breakfast, which greatly irritated the assassin.

Bucky was silently laughing at the girls irritation. He had no idea something that trivial could trigger her. She was fuming silently and giving him death glares. He chuckled as she looked up at him. Maddie's glare worsened and the laugh crawled right back down his throat. 

"Chill." He commented. Maddie looked ready to stab him with the fork she held. 

"Why is it so hard to let me make breakfast for you?" He asked, genuinely wondering why she was this pissed off. The girl took another bite of eggs, shoving the forkful in her mouth with a sour look on her face. She swallowed and spoke, voice showing her displeasure.

"It's because it makes me feel weak." She snapped, eye's blazing with a sudden fury. Bucky smirked. It slipped across his face and was gone, flitting away. Maddie caught it. Her glare worsened. 

"I wanted to do something nice fore you." He explained under her ferocious glare. Maddie looked away embarrassed. Bucky finished his food and out his plate in the dishwasher before collecting his stuff. Maddie finished and watched him silently. 

"I was sent here to track down a HYDRA agent after your whole cafe fiasco." He commented as he threw his clothes in his travel bag. 

"I have to report back to S.H.I.E.L.D." He told her giving her a small smile. Maddie stood there, knowing that this was probably the last time she was going to see him. Their eyes met, and Maddie stepped closer. The assassins shook hands. there was no way they where going to start initiating contact. Yesterday had just......................... Happened. Bucky's grip was strong, then he let go.

"Goodbye Maddie." He told her, then he left. The last Maddie saw of him, was his metal arm flashing for a second through the window. She swallowed the sudden lump in her throat. It would do no good to get sappy now. She started to clean up the remaining mess from last night, well the hole's in the walls from her rage.