Chapter 14

Maxcine's P.O.V

It has been so hard to get over this. I lost someone near and dear to me. I did not even get to say goodbye. Me and Rick have just been sitting around near the graves.

"You know, I look around and think about the people we lost. And the people who are still here and it ain't right. It ain't fair. Look what I did at the sanctuary tryna end it real quick. I did not want to give him a second chance. I did not care who was there, I don't know if that makes it right" said Daryl.

I was a little confused. I kinda wanted to know what happened. It does not sound like it went well

"It does. I did not want to risk killing innocent people. I should have just worried about protecting our people. To hell with anyone else" said Rick.

He must be talking about the saviors and Negan. He should have killed them. I can see where he is coming from by not wanting to kill innocent people.

"Keep fighting till your ready" I said.

"I am ready. Maggie's got look outs out there" said Rick.

"Every half mile waiting to signal each other. I know" said Daryl.

My sister knows how to run a town. It was in her blood it seems like.

"I'm going too. To make sure we are all ready" said Rick.

That is great. I wanted to help.

"I'll go with you" I said.

"No you are not. If anything I will go with him" said Daryl.

Man. All I did was have a baby. That is it. I can still help.

"We should split up. Cover as much ground as we can" said Rick.

Then I get that look from Daryl. I knew what he was going to say.

"Alrighty. And you stay here" he said.

I shock my head. The truth was I need something to get my mind off Carl. It still hurts so bad. He was all that was on my mind besides Colleen. I had to be strong for her too.

I was standing around the car with my sister and others. We found something. It looks like it is from another group.

"I don't know what the hell it" said Rosita.

"If you gladly fill it up with food or phonographic records I will gladly exchange it for the key to your future" Maggie read the note.

"It has coordinates for the meeting spot" I said.

Michonne looked at it. She might believe that it is something.

"It is not the saviors. They would blow threw the gates and make a big show. This isn't that" said Michonne. 

"I would not put nothing past them" said Maggie.

"If this is a trap it is kinda obvious" I said.

I am kinda with Michonne on this. I think it might be people trying to help.

"What If it is someone trying to help" I asked.

"If it is someone trying to help and we miss out, then we miss out. If it is someone trying to kill us then we die"said Maggie.

"Not if we are careful" said Michonne.

"Careful is staying here" said Enid.

"I'll go. See what's up" said Michonne. 

"If you go then I go" I said.

I won't let her do this alone. She will need back up.

"Rick wants us here" said Enid.