Chapter 23

Daryl's P.O.V

Now that I have someone who thinks the same way as me I great. Maggie and I are going to stop Rick and make him see what he has been doing. I have not seen a lot of Max lately. She has been attached to Rick's hip. I don't know what they are up to. He is trying to teach her things. I think he wants her to carry on what he wants to do. She is the right person in his eyes. She was the first one to give Ricks way a chance besides Michonne. She agrees with his way. I was snapped out of my thoughts when I herd Jerry talking to Rick. Jesus told Rick what was going on. I did not need him getting in the way. Now I need Rick out of the way.

"Hey. What's going on" I asked walking up.

I needed to act like I did not know what was going on. I needed Rick to trust me.

"Maggie's heading to Alexandria. She might do something she will regret" said Rick.

He went to saddle up a horse. 

"Hop on. I will take you" I said.

"You sure you have enough fuel" asked Rick.

"Yeah plenty" I said.

He nodded. Then Max came running up. 

"He I need to go to Alexandria. Are you in" asked Rick.

"Yeah. Let me get my bike" she said.

I taught her how to ride a motorcycle. She was a pro at it. I waited for her to get ready. I led the way and she followed. I hate doing this to both of them but I don't need max doing things for Rick that is going to get her in trouble.

After awhile we were coming up on the turn. I was hoping Rick did not notice but he did. I could tell by the way he was moving on the bike.

"That was the way back there" he said.

I ignored him. 

"Pull over. Pull over" he yelled.

I stopped the bike and got off. I did what I had to do. He can get mad all he wants.

"What's going on" asked Max getting off her bike. 

"What is this" asked Rick.

"You know exactly what this is" I said.

"I already called it in. Maggie is not making it through those gates" said Rick.

"That message did not go through" I said.

"You messed with the relay" asked Max.

She looked so confused right now.

"This time it will go the way it is supposed to" I said.

Maxcine's P.O.V

I was so confused right now. I thought we were going back to Alexandria but Daryl led us far out. Then I find out that him and Maggie are working together to stop Rick. I needed some serious filling in but before I could ask the two of them went tumbling down a hill into a giant hole. I really did not know how they were going to get out. I looked down at them as they looked up at me. 

"Those roots are the only way of getting out" I herd Rick say.

He tried to jump up and grab one but he missed and fell hard.

"God dammit. Did you set that up too" asked Rick.

"You really blaming this on me" asked Daryl.

I honestly don't know what I am supposed to do. I am just laying on my stomach looking down into this hole.