Chapter 34

Maxcine's P.O.V

It's finally time for the fair and I'm super excited. Seeing all the communities come together for a good cause makes me happy. We're all in this together and coming together today really shows that. When The King gave his speech it really moved me; He brought up Rick and what he did for us. This whole event was in Rick, Carl, and Jesus' honor. All of them had their part in making this world great again. This will forever be a day that changes everything.

After a while, Carol seen that Henry and Daryl didn't come back, so she decided to start gathering people to go out and look for them. It was until we seen the gates open and Magna point to something coming in that we were about to leave to start our search and possibly rescue mission. I see Michonne enter with my daughter and Daryl. That made me smile and I could finally breathe again. I ran up to them and took one of them in each arm. Seeing them together again, us together again, was the best sight in the world.

"I'm so glad you are safe" I said trying not to squeeze to hard.

I was afraid that if I let go, I would lose him forever.

Everyone was taking time to reunite with their loved ones. I even seen Michonne happy to see the rest of the bunch that was here. Our family was together again. Her and Judith needed to be here to witness what The King has put together for all of us to celebrate how far we all have come. Carol was making her rounds too and once she seen Daryl, she got a big smile on her face. She brought him into a huge hug and didn't want to let him go either.

"And you" she said still holding on to him.

I see Michonne out of the corner of my eye. I went up to her and Judith and gave them a hug too. The King came over and joined our conversation. He was the happiest out of us all when Michonne came through those gates.

"Michonne" The King said with joy.

"I was in the neighborhood so" she said with a smile appearing on her face.

This festival was something that we all needed even if we though we didn't. This shows just because we are all far away from each other doesn't mean we won't be there. The joy was cut short and the tension started to rise when Tara noticed that Lydia was brought back too.

"The plan was to bring Henry. Just Henry" she said not very pleased by what she was seeing.

"Gather up all the leaders. We have a lot to talk about" Michonne cut in before anyone could say a word.

We all went into The Kings room. Daryl and I went in, sat on the floor. and waited for everyone else to finish coming in.

"I know I haven't seen eye to eye with everyone in this room, but I never stopped caring about any of you. I was just trying to protect my family and do right by my people. Alexandia's future is here together with you and we lost sight if that for a while, but I'm here now. We're here now" Michonne spoke out.

"I have taken an informal vote with the other council members at the fair, and we all agree. Alexandria is willing to grant asylum to Lydia" said Gabriel.

"She's one of us now" I said with a smile.

"We hope the rest of you can join us in doing the same" added Gabriel.

"Thank you. I'll do whatever I can to earn my keep and pay you back" spoke Lydia.

It's nice seeing that she has a chance in this world and can live on her terms.

"If her mother retaliates it's going to be against Hilltop, not Alexandria. I have to do right by my people. I thought we were on the same page" said Tara.