Chapter 15

Maxcine's P.O.V

We are getting ready to fight. Whether Daryl likes it or not I have to fight. This is a full group effort. We are in this together.

It is night time. They saviors are almost here. I got up to Daryl and kiss him one more time before I go off with Tara to fight. I do not know if I will come out of this dead or alive. All I know is I have to fight to survive. We have some of their people. By the way that it sounds they don't want them back. That is horrible. They would let their own die. That makes me sick.

We start to shoot. I am shooting people from left to right.

"Now" I hear Maggie yell.

I start to shoot again. Maggie takes the prisoners in the house and goes in herself. I hope she is helping too.

One of our people shot. I see Carol. She is holding his wound until Sedeck come and takes over. Then I focus myself back on shooting. I try my best to get all the saviors I can.

"Max. Tara" I hear from Daryl.

I feel Tara push me out the way and I see her with an arrow sticking out of her arm. Simmon and  Dwight run away. I try to shoot them but they get away to fast. Then I turn my attention to Tara. I look over to Daryl who try's to help out.

"Daryl, Max it is done. Maggie needs us" said Michonne.

I follow and see Daryl still trying to shoot.

"Daryl" I yell then he follows.

We all are in the house. We pick a window and have to shoot out of it. All the lights are off. This is a good way to try to get rid of a bunch at once. We flash the lights on and start shooting like crazy. It was so funny to see Simmon run off like a scaredy cat. That was the highlight of my night.  We all go running and shooting at them. I met Maggie and Rick at the end of the drive way.

"I wanted them dead. All of them. Negan most of all" said Maggie.

"Yeah me too" I said.

"He wasn't here. I saw him out there. I broke away and tried to kill him. I didn't but I tried" said Rick.

"Thank you" said Maggie.

It was the next morning. My arms was on fire. I looked over at it and I was graized by a bullet. I had blood all down my arm. I cleaned it up and met Maggie and Enid outside.

"We don't have the resources to fight off another attack" said Maggie.

I nodded. Then I went to meet Daryl. I seen Tara come out of a car.

"Hey you should not be out here" I said waking up.

"It was just a scratch. Can I help" said Tara.

"What if it wasn't" asked Daryl.

"Then it would be my own Dam fault. He is back with them because of me" she said.

"He is back with them because that is just who he is" said Daryl.

"You got lucky finding Maggie, Max and Rick. It was not like that for me. I was with the governor" said Tara.

"Yeah but you were not one of them" I said.

"But I was with him. Your brother too" said Tara.

"My brother stuck with trouble his whole life. If he were still here I would be with him. We would be with the saviors too. Or a group just like them. We had to figure out who they were just like you did" said Daryl.

"Maybe that is what happen with Dwight" said Tara.

"Was that before or after he killed your girl. Or is that all square now" asked Daryl.

"It is. Look, I might hate him forever but he saved my life" said Tara.

"He tried to kill you last night" I said.

"When we were in the woods. When we were trying to come here. I saw him try to help us win" said Tara.

"Yeah I saw what I saw too" said Daryl.

Then he walked away. I put my hand on Tara's arm and gave her an apologetic look and walked away.

I was sitting down checking on my arm when I herd screaming. I run out and check to see what is going on and there are walkers in the house. They are attacking people. I start stabbing heads. They were everywhere.

After we were done fighting we all met back up in a room. We had to talk about what just happened.  Everyone was there. Daryl had Colleen in his arms. This was the first time I seen him hold her. I could tell he loved it. Now it is on to business. 

"House is clear" said Rick.

"How did this happen" asked Rosita.

"The saviors did something to their weapons. Anyone who got cut up or shot all got sick. Some of them turned. " said Daryl.

My eyes got big. Everyone looked at me. I was scared now.

"What. No" I said.

"Ok" was all Tara said.

"Yeah" I said.

Then I lifted up my shirt sleeve and showed a scratch mark from a bullet. People gasped. Daryl look worried.

"Remember when we where our there and you said you were done waiting. I could have killed them" said Daryl.

"He wanted to be here with us. Not matter how hard he tries or what he did I still wanted him dead. Just could not let it be anything else. Karma is a bitch right"said Tara.

I nodded. People still looked at my arm. I don't know what this means for me. I don't think it was one of their bullets. I just have to be strong. I have to fight. I have to win.

Authors notes

Sorry the week without an update. I was busy getting ready for Easter. I double posted for you guys. Hope you like the story and have a wonderful Eater🐰🐰. Thanks for reading.