Chapter 26

Maxcine's P.O.V

I sat down in the house at the hilltop and talked to Colleen. She was caught outside the walls with Gracie. I needed to get to the bottom of this. 

"Why did your dad tell me he found you outside the walls" I asked.

"I don't want to talk about it" she said.

I looked at her. She is not acting like herself. I nodded.

"Why" I asked.

"Just leave me alone. I don't want to talk to you" she said.

I was taken back by all of this attitude shed had. I looked at her and tried to keep my calm.

"If you don't want to talk about it then you are to stay in this room. Do not come out until you are ready to talk" I said.

"Okay" she said and rolled her eyes.

I walked out of the room.  I was to made to talk to her right now. I could not talk to Daryl. He had to go out and find Eugene. He was missing. I walked out of the building and went to sit with Michonne. 

Daryl's P.O.V

I was not happy about leaving again. I needed to be there with my girls. I could tell Max was mad when I pulled up with Colleen. I could only tell her that I found her with Gracie. I wish I co9uld have talked about it more with her. She is doing all this parenting stuff by herself almost. I wanted to help more. I needed to be there.

I was with Aaron and Jesus. We were the ones that could find Eugene the best.

"There's about one hundred-thirty, hundred-forty of them" I said.

"You ever see them do this before" asked Jesus.

"No. Never" said Aaron.

They are just walking like they know what they are doing. It was weird. I suggested that they should get the horses and follow where Rosita prints and take the rest of the way by foot. We don't need our horses to get ate by whatever these are. 

"What about them' asked Aaron.

"What about them" I asked a little cold.

I was not meaning for my words to come out that way. I was not in a good mood.

"They are just milling around. That's not normal" said Jesus.

"No. No it ain't. We should go. There's a storm coming" I said.

I called for Dog and started walking. We do not want to be trapped by these walkers.

Maxcine's P.O.V

After dealing with miss attitude I made sure that the new guests of hilltop was all settled in. They were being checked by Tara which I guess was Jesus' right hand man. Come to find out that he was voted in the new leader of hilltop. I was happy for him. I just would have liked to know from someone that my sister was gone. She did not tell me she was leaving. If it was because of Rick then I don't know what to do. I was doing what I thought was right. I was not trying to make her mad or do something behind her back. I just wanted to help.

"Hey" someone said.

I looked up in shock. It was Tara. She scared me.

"Are you okay" she asked.

"I am just surprised to find out my sister left. I did not get any word about it. Why would she not tell me" I asked.

Tara just looked at me. I knew she was not sure what to say.