Chapter 32

Maxcine's P.O.V

After a bit, we were still working on getting this tree out of our way. We were making progress when walkers started heading towards us. This is exactly what we didn't want to deal with.

"Hey Tara, sickos headed this way" called Magna.

"How many" replied Tara.

"Maybe ten. It's hard to tell. They're coming out of the trees" added Yumiko.

"We can handle them" said Kelly. 

"Yeah, but it could be those psychos in those skin suits" I said back.

They were right. We can't take a chance and risk someone else getting killed by those freaks. I don't think any of us can handle another death. 

Earl, can you hitch the horses" Tara asked Earl.

"I'm on it"

"Kal, Oscar, with me. You three guard the wagon. Stay sharp. Come on" ordered Tara.

I followed Tara's lead and took out my knife plus making sure that my gun was able to be accessed just in case I need to use it. 

"Watch their hands" I yelled to everyone. 

We all approached the walkers, being cautious, while watching their every move. All of us started to kill them left and right making sure they didn't get to close. These walkers were everywhere. Every place I looked, I could see walkers surrounding us. Tammy Rose joined in the fight. I was smashing my knife into every walker I could making sure to glance at all of the other people fighting now and then to make sure they were okay and didn't need help. Finally we finished off the last of them and stood around the remains looking at the new group of people that came to help us. 

"Who are you guys" asked Tara trying to  regain her composure. 

"We're the highway men. We're your escorts to the fair. At your service" replied on of the strange men that just came out of nowhere. 

I was so confused yet so grateful at the same time. I'm glad that Carol and Ezekiel sent these people to help us out.  We grabbed out stuff, finished moving the tree, and were on our way. I couldn't wait to get to the fair. I guess sometimes you just have to go with the flow to get to your destination. 

Daryl's P.O.V

Once we got everything set up, it was a waiting game to see if they actually showed up. These people want us dead just as much as we want them dead. That's how I know they will. If this all goes as planned, we will be done with them for good this time. The one thing one my mind going into this is my family. I want to keep them safe. Max and my daughter are my reasons to keep fighting. Keeping them safe is what I live to do. Getting ride of these freaks will make sure that happens. 

They started showing up and as expected with a big group of walkers around them. I'm not gonna lie, this is going to be interesting to see how this fight pans out. I went out and shot an arrow, from a window at on of the walkers to let Beta know where I was. He locked eyes with me and started to head towards the building. It's go time.

"Alright, they're here. Let's go"

I made sure that everyone was ready to go. There's no room for mistakes so everyone needs to be at their best. I want to put an end to these freaks. No, I need to put an end to these freaks to keep my family and friends safe. I can't mess this up. People are counting on me and I can't let them down. I finished up checking what we set and walked back over to where everyone was standing.