Chapter 1

This work is copyright. Apart from any use permitted under the Copyright Act 1968, no part may be reproduced by any process, nor may any other exclusive right be exercised, without the permission of CSW1995.

Abducted by Vampires Series:

1. Prince Darrius 

2. Hunter Maximus

3. Prince Xavier

_____

Hunter Maximus

Chapter 1 

"Wow, it's amazing!" The 30-something year old woman opposite me grins as she takes in her new bridal dress I had helped design and create, "Isobel, thank you so much! The patterns are perfect!"  

"That's okay, it was my pleasure," It really was a pleasure but I didn't want to talk much longer. I had been at the store all day and it was closing time soon. It was a Saturday and in the city this bridal shop, Dresses for Princess' was open until 10.30pm. I had to work late to present this dress to Mia. She was getting married tomorrow but she called up this morning to say her cat had ripped her dress down the front last night when she had tried it on and she needed an emergency one done today.  

I was the only one working today because the owner of the shop, a family friend, was sick. 

"I can't believe you are only seventeen," Mia says, holding her dress to her chest protectively. 

"Well I love fashion," I say, "And I hated school." I had stopped going to high school just before my senior years began. Instead I worked here, doing what I loved. 

My parents didn't exactly approve.  

Isobel, dresses might be your passion but that isn't who you're meant to be. You're meant to become a strong, capable vampire hunter.  

Yep, you heard right.  

A vampire hunter.  

I apparently had the genes to become one. My parents weren't hunters, but I was. How that was possible, I didn't know. However right now I wasn't an official vampire hunter, I was on my way to becoming one.  

I just had to go through the ritual. Which was happening tomorrow night. 

"Good luck for tomorrow," I say, trying to get Mia out of this shop. I wanted to pack up and go home. Get some sleep. 

I had a big day tomorrow myself... 

"Thank you so much," she picks up her bag and turns on her heel, walking out of the small boutique shop. I loved this place, with its beautiful baby-blue walls, mirrors at every corner and massive shop front windows. The white and cream dresses were spread out on various racks, there were two main racks down the middle of the room and mannequins at the front. Those mannequins had the most expensive dresses displayed.  

I had designed and made two of them from scratch. 

As much as I loved this place, I wanted to go home and catch up on some sleep. 

I check my watch, 10.30pm exactly.  

It was time for me to close up! I let out a breath as Mia exits and the door swings shut. I see people out on the street, but none of them are coming near my shop. Most look like they are out to find some clubs or do some late night shopping. I grab the key from under the desk and walk around the counter, to head towards the front door to lock it -