Dad

RICHIE'S AESTHETIC^

RICHIE'S AESTHETIC^

ADDISON'S AESTHETIC^

richie walked addison to the door as she left.

"see ya tomorrow, tozier," addison waved as she got on her bike.

"bye, addi," he said. he watched as she rode away and when she was out of sight, he pumped his fist in the air and let out a cry of joy.

it was about six o'clock as addison rode home. she was halfway there when she passed the the old house house on the corner. it was a wonder that the house was still standing. the dead tree in the front yard seemed to be reaching for her every time she rode but she did her best to ignore it.

"addison, addison," she heard a whisper. the girl slowed down and came to a stop on the dirt road.

"addison," she heard again. dark clouds moved across the sun, flooding the her surroundings in darkness.

"addison," the whisper said. suddenly she heard a creaking noise, causing her to whip her head towards the house. the front door slowly creeped open, showing a dark void of blackness.

"fuck this shit..." she said as she turned back to her bike. a tall man stood in front of her causing her to scream. she jumped back and fell onto the floor.

"hey, addison," the man said. she looked at the man and instantly recognized him. it was her dad. right in front of her stood the man she missed the most. he was in his army uniform, holding a red ballon.

"dad?" she asked as she stood up.

"you bet your bottom dollar," he replied. he had said that to her all the time. she smiled and went towards him.

"when did you get h-" she came to a complete stop as she heard a loud bag. her dad jerked forward a little and there was another loud bang. he staggered towards her as blood pooled in his mouth and dripped down his face. addison let out a blood curdling scream as her father fell face first into the dirt, letting the red balloon fly away.  she looked up and saw it.  fifteen yards away stood a giant clown with a big, smoking gun in his hands.  the clown threw the gun on the ground and it disappeared.  addison was frozen with terror, grief, and confusion as the clown grinned at her. she went to touch her dad when the clown spoke.

"no, no, no! don't do that! soon he'll float," it said through the terrifying grin, emphasizing the T in float.  he pointed to the sky.  suddenly his grin faded.

"you'll float, too."

the red balloon floating above her burst, causing the girl to look up.  she looked back at the clown but he was gone. so was her dad.  little pieces of red ballon fell on her hair like fresh snow.

addison sat in disbelief for a few seconds before coming to her senses.  she jumped up and sprinted towards her bike.  she pedaled as fast as she could until she was home.  it was only 6:25, meaning her mom wasn't home yet.  she grabbed the mail and went inside.  she heard her sister from upstairs, moaning and screaming "henry".

"fucking nasty," addison whispered to herself.  she silently closed the front door, crept up the stairs, and hid in her bedroom, keeping the lights off.

reyna was already a lot for addison, if you added henry into the mix, she was as good as dead. 

the girl sat beside her window, looking through the mail.  she frantically threw the bills on the floor until she found it.  a letter from her dad.  she ripped it open and read it and started to cry tears of joy and terror.  the letter said it, right there.  her dad wasn't going to be back until next year.  he was happy and alive.  her mind spun, trying to make sense of what just happened.

he's alive, she thought.  that wasn't him.

she grabbed her bag and decided to empty her backpack, trying to get her mind off of the past.  she went through her notebooks and decided whether she needed them or she could get rid of them.  as addison was going through her english notebook, she found a page full of doodles.  richie had drawn them.  there were swirls, and lines, and different patterns that he had drawn, along with phrases he had written.  she read each one of them and smiled.  the handwriting on the page was exactly what richie's voice looked like.  it was perfect.  as she stared at the paper, she noticed faint pencil marks that formed some sort of drawing.  curious, addison crept to her desk and grabbed a pencil and a flashlight.  the girl traced the markings until she had a clear image.  addison was staring at her own side profile.  richie had drawn her.  she sat there and admired the picture until she heard her sister's door open.  the girl turned out her flashlight and hid under her bed until she heard the front door open and then close.  addison crawled out from her hiding place and continued to look at her notebook.  she flipped through many pages until she saw something that peaked her interests.  on the last page of the notebooks was a doodle of a phone along with the words 'call me'. at the bottom of the page was a phone number written in richie's handwriting. addison smiled and walked towards the phone on her desk. she dialed the number and waited for someone to pick up the phone. she heard a click and someone spoke.

"hello?" a girl said. it was probably richie's sister.

"hi, is richie there?" addison asked.

"yeah one sec," she said. she put her hand on the mouthpiece. "richie!" the voice said sounding slightly muffled," some chick is asking for you on the phone!" not five seconds had past before she heard another voice on the line.

"hello?" an out of breath richie said. there was a click on the line, signaling that the girl had hung up.

"hey, tozier."

"oh, hey, addi! how did you get my number?" he asked.

"it wasn't hard," was all she said. "what time are we meeting at the quarry tomorrow?"

"9ish," richie said. "you wanna do something before, like around eight?"

"sure. see ya tomorrow, tozier."

"bye, addi."

song of the chapter: rescue me by 30 seconds to mars

WORD COUNT: 1060