It's a Date

eddie, richie, and addison were walking down the street, watching the different people.

"what about her," addison said as she pointed to a girl they knew as nicole.  she had long, blond hair and brown eyes.

"that's never gonna happen! nicole has no clue who I am!" eddie exclaimed.  

"you don't know that," addison said optimistically. 

"yes i do, she's friends with greta bowie," eddie said.  "it's not gonna happen."

"well then what about her," she pointed to another girl.  she was a shorter girl with red hair which was styled in two dutch braids.  she had bright green eyes and cute freckles.

"what's her name?" eddie asked.

"heather mcgregor," richie said.  "she's nice, i guess.  really smart."

"come on, eddie!  just ask her if she wants to get ice cream or something," addison said.

"i already have ice cream," he said as he took a lick.  addison sighed, grabbing the cone aggressively and threw it onto the ground.

"oops," she said.

"hey i payed for that ice cream," he protested.

"and i'll give you the dollar! now go ask her, everyone is in a good mood.  its' the fucking 4th of july" addison said as she nudged him forward.

"if you get rejected, me and addi will be at the diner for about an hour," richie said.  

"bye, eddie," addison said as she led richie away.  eddie took a deep breath and walked towards the girl.

"you feeling okay?" richie asked as they sat down in a booth.

"i'm fine, tozier," the girl said.

"we really need to get your cardio up," he joked.  she punched him playfully.

" your an ass, tozier."

"you know you love me," he said with a grin.  she kissed him on the cheek.

"you know I could run circles around you," she said.

"no fucking way," he said.

"the only sport you might beat me in is chess, tozier," she stated.

"challenge excepted," he said.  "tomorrow we'll go to the rec center and play everything we can."

"okay," she said,  "stanley and eddie will be the final judges."

"it's a date," he said.  the two looked at the menu even though they knew exactly what they wanted.

a waitress walked over to them and pulled out a note pad.  "what can i get for you two?"

"can we get two burgers, a side of fries, and chocolate milkshake with two straws," addison said.  "and a brownie."

"coming right up," the woman said, she walked away.

"i wonder how eddie's doing," addison said.

"he's probably getting laid," richie said.

"tozier," she started," you are crazy."

"haven't we already established this," he smiled.

a few minutes later their food was at the table and they happily ate until they were full.

"happy fourth of july!" the waitress said as they left the diner.

"you, too!" the two said in unison.