Together

another day had passed and her test results hadn't come back.  addison had been tested and examined while her mom sat by her side the whole time.  it was the morning of the third day and addison was eating her breakfast while her mom sleepily sat in a chair.

"mom you need to go home," addison told her exhausted mother.  her mom shook her head.

"i'm staying right here," she stated.

"no! you've barely slept, eaten, or even left this room for two days.  you need to rest.  go home, shower!"

"i can't leave you here," her mom said.

"i'll be okay, mom.  go home, relax, eat, stay the night.  my friends will be here soon.  reyna has only spoken to you over the phone, she has no clue what's going on.  go, mom.  i'll be fine, promise."

her mom contemplated for a while but eventually folded.

"I will be back at 10:00 AM tomorrow at the latest. the latest!  are you sure you'll be okay?" her mom asked as she grabbed her bag.

"i'll be fine, i promise," she assured as her mom kissed her on the forehead.  she walked to the door and turned to the girl.

"love you, addison," she said.

"i love you, too mom."

addison's mother walked out the door, leaving addison to eat her breakfast.

the whole experience had been too much for her to handle.  her mind couldn't process any of it.  the tumor. IT. none of it.  the heaviness and severity hadn't set in. her mind wouldn't let it.  it formed the bubble around these thoughts, letting the girl sit in peace.

about an hour later, there was a knock at the door.

"come in!" she said.  the door opened to reveal billy and beverly.  addison smiled as they walked in and gave her hugs.

"addison," beverly started," you're okay!"

"yup," addison nodded.  billy pulled out a small card from his back pocket.

"t-this is for you," he said as he handed it to her.  "it's from all of us, including eddie."

addison opened it to find seven different notes.  surprisingly, richie wrote in it.  

"you talked to richie?" she asked.  the boy shrugged.

"it wasn't really a talk.  i w-went to his house, he s-signed the card, and i-i left," bill said.

"thanks for trying," addison said,"so, whats new?"

the three of them talked for hours as if they had been apart for years, no one brought up IT or her health.  they both left at around three in the afternoon but promised to come back.  addison turned on the tv and flipped through channels.  she flipped through the few channels over and over and over again until there was another knock at the door.  addison's mind came back to reality and she told the person to come in.  once again, the door swung open to reveal richie, holding a pillow and a bag.  

"tozier, my favorite ass!" she exclaimed as he closed the door.

"so you like my ass?" richie asked playfully.  she rolled her eyes and he set his stuff down and sat on the edge of the bed.

"your an ass, tozier," she clarified.

"maybe," he said back 

"you know you are," she joked.

"you know you love me," he said automatically, remembering their exchange at the diner.  addison leaned in and kissed him, their hands intertwined.  they pulled away and smiled.  richie stared at the girl for awhile.

"what?" she asked him.

"you are beautiful, addison mannings," he said, causing the girl to blush and turn away.

"you're not so bad yourself, tozier," she smiled.  richie laughed.

it was seven o'clock richie and addison were eating their dinner in silence.  they were almost done when one of the thoughts escaped the bubble.

"richie?" she asked to get his attention.  he looked up.  "have there been anymore attacks?" 

he shook his head.  "IT hasn't shown up.  i think IT's dead.  i think we killed IT.  i hope we did."

addison nodded and pushed her food away.  "this tastes like shit."

"it really does," he said as he grabbed their trays and put them on the table.

"fear not! for i have brought just the thing!" he exclaimed in one of his voices.  she laughed as he pulled out candy.

"yay!" she clapped her hands.  he sat on the bed and put it all in front of them.  richie opened a big bag of gummy worms while addison ate a charleston chew.  as they ate, addison's body became sore and tired and she soon stopped.

"are you okay?" richie asked, noticing her body language.

"yeah, just tired," she said.  "really tired."

"okay, i'll clear the bed," he said.  he got up and put all the candy in his bag.  he went to the small cabinet, grabbed one of the blankets, and did his best to get comfortable on the chair.

"richie?" she called.  he looked at the girl who was still sitting up.

"yeah?" he asked.

"can you come up here?"

"are you sure? i don't wan't you to be uncomfortable," he said.  she nodded and he got up, grabbed his pillow and walked to the bed.  the girl scooted over to make room for him and he laid down.   addison put her head on his chest and he wrapped his arms around her.

"what ever happens," richie started," i promise i will be with you the whole way.  We're in this together."

addison nodded and the two of them fell asleep in each others arms.

song of the chapter: we might be dead by tomorrow by soko

WORD COUNT: 923

hey, guys! WHEN this story is officially over i think i'm going to write an eddie kaspbrak story and eventually go through all of the losers.  thanks for reading!