Normal Kids

two broken teenagers sat in each other's arms as they sobbed.  addison wiped away richie's tears with a soft finger and then wiped hers.

"i would give anything for us to be a normal kids.  even if it was just for just a day," addison told richie.  he stood up.

"let's do it!" he demanded.

"richie, it doesn't work that," the girl argued.  he shook his head.

"no! fuck this! fuck IT! fuck cancer! let's have a day to ourselves! tomorrow we will do whatever we want because we can't let these things change us! we deserve one day of peace," richie exclaimed.

addison stared at him in shock.

"what do you say?" he asked with a smile.

"okay, tozier," she nodded.  he grabbed her hands and helped her up.

"addison mannings," he started, "i love you."

"i love you, too," addison said without hesitating.  richie leaned in and kissed her as she wrapped his arms around him.  they pulled away and richie melted as he looked into her chocolate eyes.

"can i stay with you tonight?" addison asked, he nodded instantly.

✧LATER THAT NIGHT✧

moonlight was shining through the window's in richie's room as the two laid in his bed.  the house was quiet and richie and addison held on to each other.  

"tozier?" addison asked to see if he was awake.

"yeah?" he responded.

"you are the light in my life," she said.  "i...  i just wanted you to know that."

the girl felt his chest move as he cried and she turned to face him.

"don't cry," she said. "please don't cry."

he wiped away his tears and wrapped her in a hug.

✧THE NEXT MORNING✧

"your a fucking idiot, tozier!" addison laughed as richie got up from the floor.  he massaged his head.

"i'm so glad that you're concerned for my health," he said sarcastically.

"well at least your sarcasm didn't break in the fall," she joked.

song of the chapter:  i love you by avril lavigne

WORD COUNT: 329

sorry for such a short chapter! i'll try and make the next one longer.