Male Hypno

(So uhhhh hello. After ages I have returned I guess, but not in full. Motivation to write is at an all time low, so everything is going to hell, sorry about that. If you want more information as to why I'm not active, you can also go check out my account or somthin)

My eyes scanned the streets looking for an interesting place to stop. Many of the shopkeepers advertised their items, beckoning all who pass by into their small huts. Something here called to me, I suppose. Otherwise I don't think I would've come to a desert out in the middle of nowhere. What it was I don't know. My eyes landed on a purple tent, it had gold lacing the edges of the fabrics. This is what I sensed, what I was looking for. I walked up to it and brushed the purple fabric to the side as I stepped in.

"You must be the weary traveler passing through, am I wrong?" A man on the floor asked. He was covered in many lavish items and trinkets. Such as, a puffy white fur coat hooked around his neck. Pearls acted as his belt and as a necklace, wrapping around him loosely. His baggy yellow pants hung a little ways above his shins, and an elastic band within the seem held them at his waist, and at the bottom of the pants, holding them to the skin almost like a suction cup. Although, almost every other part of his body was covered, his stomach and chest were weakly covered by yellow sashes, revealing his paler complexion to its fullest.

I chuckled, "You've got the traveler part right." The man gestured with a pat of his hand to sit down. I sat on the purple cushion across from him.

"You've come in search of me, yes?" He asked, fiddling with a pile of bones before him.

I watched his elegant and pale hands at work, "You could say that." I didn't want to give too much away. This man before me seems dangerous, as if he knew everything about me the moment I set my foot through that entryway. Although, seeming he knew I was a traveler supports this theory.

"Very well. What is it you seek?" His eyes narrowed as he asked the question.

"What I seek?" I repeated. 

The man nodded and lifted one of the small bones from the pile between us and lifted it up to his eye, focusing on it as if he was reading it. "Yes, there is a reason you have come here, you wish for your fortune to be told. Do you wish for one of riches? Happiness? Luck? Power? Possibly even love?" His eyes shifted over to me, almost piercing through my very soul. 

I let out a nervous laugh, slightly shifting in my seat on the purple cushion on the floor. "To be honest, I don't really know why I came here. Something, or possibly someone, has drawn me here. For what purpose, I do not know." As I let out the truth to this stranger he hummed. After a few moments of silence, the man snapped the bone he held in his hand in twine, causing a loud crack. It startled me for a moment, but then he threw the broken bone into a small fire. Smoke rose from the ashes and for the first time since I've entered, the man smiled. The smile was strange and unreadable. I couldn't tell if there was ill intent brewing in his mind. 

"Just know that because you have come here, the bones whisper of a great fortune for you." He reached from behind him and pulled out a little coin with a string going through it. He intertwined his fingers in the string, creating a bizarre pattern. He flashed me one more smile before letting the dangling coin swing from side to side. "A few parting words before you leave, traveler. As dignified as royalty, and as enlightening as the sun, with piercing red eyes, your adventure has only just begun." And with that, he flashed me one more smile, one that was still unreadable.

'How strange...' I thought as I got up. I made my way to the entrance again, brushing the purple fabric aside. I gave the man one more glance, and he was still smiling at me. "Thank you, for the fortune." I left a silver piece in a cup by the entrance and left. 'What could he have meant? Dignified as royalty? Enlightening as the sun? Red eyes? Did he mean a jewel of sorts? Or possibly a person...'  I stopped in my tracks and took one last look at the tent. The same, purple silks with gold embroidered into it as before. 'Royalty...purple is a royal like color.. and the sun must mean yellow? Was he.. talking about himself? Now that I think about it he did have red eyes...'  I shook my head, perplexed at this idea. I closed my eyes in thought, but a pounding headache throbbed in my head. It even caused me to stumble a little bit, and when I opened my eyes again, there he stood. The same man as before. 

"Hello, weary Traveler"