Chapter 9: Galas

I don't own anything except any original/own characters and any original plot.

💫

Chapter 9- Galas

💫

A/n: In honor of Infinity War being released today I'm updating today and tomorrow, NO SPOILERS THEY WILL BE DELETED

A/n: In honor of Infinity War being released today I'm updating today and tomorrow, NO SPOILERS THEY WILL BE DELETED. Enjoy!

~*~

Selvig and several scientists worked around the CMS device. Barton walked in, holding a tablet.

"Where did you find all these people?" Erik asked Clint.

"S.H.I.E.L.D has no shortage of enemies, Doctor," Clint answered casually. He held up a screen showing information on Iridium, "Is this the stuff you need?"

"Yeah, iridium. It's found in meteorites, it forms antiprotons. It's very hard to get hold of."

"Especially if SHIELD knows you need it."

"Hey! The Tesseract is showing me so much. It's more than just knowledge, it's... truth," Erik said to (Y/n) and Loki as they approached.

"Yes, yes," (Y/n) said absently. Her eyes were no longer sad, they were hopeful, she had seen exactly what she wished to when she searched through her mind's eye. Earth was preparing their defenses. Heroes, misfits, that would stop the army that so longed to take over the world.

"What did it show you, Agent Barton?"

"My next target."

"Tell me what you need."

"I'll need a distraction," Clint grabbed and opened his bow, "And an eyeball."

~*~

(Y/n) looked at Loki preparing a team to get the metal needed for the machine. She bit her lip nervously as Loki walked over to her. His eyes were a bright green, the green she had seen glimpses of since she had found Loki, or rather, since Loki had found her.

"I don't understand why you're doing this," the green woman (Y/n) had come to know as Gamora whispered.

"Because you deserve to be free."

(Y/n) pulled the hood on her head farther down, looking around cautiously. They were on a planet in one of the darkest, most unexplored areas of space, but it was safe.

"Thank you, so much," Gamora thanked (Y/n), considering giving her a hug, "If you can say, what's inside this orb?"

"Something more valuable than you can imagine," (Y/n) sighed, "Something full of power. The Collector may explain it to you more, but whether he does or not, he knows not to use it. Good luck."