Chapter 19: Marriage

I don't own anything except any original/own characters and any original plot.

💫

Chapter 19- Marriage

💫

"You once said there would never be a wiser King than me

"You once said there would never be a wiser King than me. You were wrong. The alignment has brought all the realms together. Every one of them saw you offer your life to save them. What can Asgard offer its new King in return?"

"My life," Thor stated, "Father, I cannot be King of Asgard. I will protect Asgard and all the realms with my last and every breath, but I cannot do so from that chair. Loki, for all his grave imbalance, understood rule as I know I never will. The brutality, the sacrifice, it changes you. I'd rather be a good man than a great King."

"Is this my son I hear, or the woman he loves?"

"When you speak, do I never hear Mother's voice? This is not for Jane, Father. She doesn't know what I came here to say. Now forbid me to see her or say she can rule at my side, it changes nothing."

"One son who wanted the throne too much, another who will not take it. Is this my legacy?"

"Loki died with honor, I shall try to live the same. Is that not legacy enough?" Thor asked. (Y/n)'s eyes teared up at the mention of his name. They didn't even have a body to send to Valhalla, as (Y/n) was sure he would go. Thor held out this hammer.

"It belongs to you," Odin shook his head, "If you are worthy of it."

"I shall try to be." Thor and (Y/n) turned around now that they knew they wouldn't be killed.

"I cannot give you my blessing, nor can I wish you luck. If I were proud who both of you had become, even that I could not say. It would speak only from my heart."

"Thank you Father."

"(Y/n), stay for a moment will you?" Odin asked. (Y/n) nodded to Thor, silently saying that he could go. After Thor had left the throne room Odin spoke again,"My dear, you know have the power of the Reality Stone. Can you not see through illusions?"

"I'm still getting used to the change," (Y/n) mumbled, "And um, my emotions are a bit off right now so I have more power stored in my necklace that I will when I am done mourning."

"Yes," Odin leaned forward in his seat, "Look closer (Y/n), muster up the power you can."

(Y/n) tilted her head in confusion, but did as the Allfather said. She squinted her eyes and used an amount of power she felt safe using.

It was like candle wax melting, or water dripping down a blank slate. Either way, the illusion of Odin disappeared, and in the Allfather's place, was the man she presumed to be dead.