Chapter 37: Master of Reality

I don't own anything except any original/own characters and any original plot.

💫

Chapter 37 - Master of Reality

💫

Appearing on a random planet years ago was disconcerting

Appearing on a random planet years ago was disconcerting. The group of 5 heroes (and one former Child of Thanos) were quick to unshrink the spaceship Rocket had stored in his pocket and take it to their first destination. Morag. It was only a jump away plus a ten minute flight. When they reached the desolate land (Y/n) closed her eyes. She could feel the Power Stone. She wanted it- needed it. Her entire being cried out for what her mind called a sibling.

Rocket, Nebula, and Rhodey left the ship. Shaking her head to rid herself of her longing, (Y/n) flipped the switch that would lower the pod the trio would take the rest of the way.

"Vormir's coordinates are loaded into the computer," Rocket reminded the trio when the ship detached from the line.

"Good luck," Rhodey added.

"Same to you guys."

With Nat now in the co-pilot seat, (Y/n) started the auto-pilot and leaned back to let the system do its work. Behind the women, Clint let out a small laugh.

"What?"

"Nothing. Just... we're a long way from Budapest."

"Further every second," Nat motioned to the space around them.

Smiling at the pair, (Y/n) wasn't sure how to feel. She was far from her girls, in time and space. Far from Loki and Thor too. But she was close to the Infinity Stones. They were deadly, uncontrollable, and a part of her. Her and the Reality Stone had become one years ago, and so the stone's loneliness was her own. Though, it was easily stemmed when surrounded by so many loved ones. The original Reality Stone owner lived the longest, and took their own life because of loneliness. She'd never damn herself to the same fate.

Without any possible jump points, the flight to Vormir was comparatively longer than their flight to Morag. Every second counted, but they'd all return with the stones at the same time anyway. Rocket, Nebula, and Rhodey likely already had the Power Stone and were back in the future with Nat, Clint, and (Y/n). (Y/n) didn't think about it too deeply.

Eventually, the ship landed. Vormir was a beautifully dark planet, with a forbidding energy that struck (Y/n) right in the chest as soon as she stepped off the ship.

"You alright?" Nat asked, picking up on (Y/n)'s slight stumble.

"Fine, fine. Let's move, I can take us to the stone."

Not straight to the stone, rather to the place where they could get it. The stone itself felt like it was in a pocket dimension, unattainable until the dreaded sacrifice.