Tip Please?

Based off a scene from 'Shameless'
TW: Cursing, Fighting/Arguing.

'What the fuck?!'

Virgil thought furiously. He just served a couple as kindly as possible, and got them their food back in under 5 minutes! And they continued to act bitchy towards him.

Virgil stormed out of the store as his fellow co-workers watched. Roman, Patton, Logan, and Thomas seeing this, followed Virgil. Virgil found the couple and tapped the guy on the shoulder.

"Excuse me sir?" Virgil started. The man turned around frowning.

"What?" He spat.

He has a shitty attitude. Virgil grimly thought.

"You forgot to give me a tip?" Virgil stated, anger coursing through his veins. His four friends watched from behind the corner of the block.

"You were slow!" The man shouted, causing people to stare. Virgil felt the embarrassment flow to his face. But he also felt the anger flow through his words.

"Slow?!"

Virgil shouted, clenching the notepad in his left hand. "Was I slow? Or is it because you can't fucking wait 5 minutes for the ten pounds of bacon you ordered, that you shoved down your goddamn throat!" Virgil screamed.

Smack!

Virgil put a hand to his stinging cheek. "WOAH WOAH! SETTLE DOWN!" Patton yelled as he ran towards the shorter waiter, the others following.

"What happened?!" Roman asked, panicked. "No tip!" Virgil replied, pointing at the man. Thomas quickly looked over at the man.

"Can I speak to your manager?" The man asked.

"Your talking to him." Thomas replied, angry that the man would even disrespect one of his best friends-no-his brother!- Like that. Logan felt his eye twitch as he saw the blood trickle down Virgil's lip.

"Well, what are you going to do about this?!" The man shouted, pointing at a slightly scared Virgil.

"I'm sorry sir," Logan stepped up next to Thomas, speaking now as well. "No tip, no service."

The mans face flushed with anger.

"Seriously? Your defending this slut?"

Thats when Patton snapped.

He charged towards the man, lining him against the wall, despite being shorter than him. The other 3 followed Patton, looming around the man.

"Let him go!" The mans date cried desperately. Virgil zoned out before processing the situation.

"Pat! Let go!" Virgil yelled, worried that his friends would be hurt.

"Now you listen here," Patton started, "I want you to apologize to our friend here, and never walk down this street again, ok?" Patton threatened. The man, frightened, agreed. Patton smiled and let the man go."

"I'm sorry sir." He muttered, throwing a 50 dollar bill Virgil's way. His 'date' clung onto him and dragged him away. Virgil smiled at his friends.

"Thanks guys." He said, thankful to call these people his family.

"No problem." Roman stated, putting his arm around Virgil's shoulder. Logan took out his phone, checking the time.

"Hey guys? It's 4:00!" Logan stated happily. Thomas gasped.

"Closing time!" He stated happily.

"Y'all wanna go eat somewhere?"  Virgil suggested shyly. They all nodded.

"I'll text Joan to close up shop. I'm sure they won't mind." Thomas quickly said while taking out his phone to text Joan.

"Hey, why don't we invite them?" Roman piped in. Thomas shook his head.

"Joan has to go to their cousins house for their birthday." Romans smiled faltered slightly.

"No matter! We can plan a different time to go with Joan!" Roman stated happily.

Thomas put his phone away and looked at everyone.

"Joan agreed to close up shop for us! We can put our tags and stuff in our car, then we can go!" Thomas said as he smiled widely. They all nodded.

"Alright, lets go!" Patton stated as he sped off to the car.

"OH YOU WANNA RACE? LETS GO!" Roman yelled as he sped of behind Patton, both giggling like children. Thomas ran as well, while Logan and Virgil watched.

"Welp, 3 of my best friends are 5 year olds. At least your- HEY WAIT!" Virgil yelled while laughing as Logan sped off as well. "Sorry!" Logan yelled, extending the y.

Virgil sighed. "Might as well be a 5 year old too." Virgil stated before speeding off and catching up with his friends.

And needless to say,

Lunch was fantastic.