Chapter 14.

Author's note: I am uploading today because I have a chapter already made and I owe last week's, I don't know if all of you read but I have been a bit sick and unable to write but now that today I am doing much better, here it is! But before you start writing I am going to excuse myself for the times I am not going to be able to post, I have a cyclic illness and today I can be doing alright but tomorrow I'll be a mess so please bear with me. I love you all! Enjoy x

Music Video of the chapter: Delicate, Taylor Swift.

>>>

I sit on the sofa feeling tiredness, I was told the only injured part on my body was my wrist but my ankle hurts like hell

"The box is upstairs," I speak to Linda. She is checking every part of the living room with her gaze. Of course she must feel awkward here.

She just nods and goes upstairs.

I can't believe how nice she is, she went to the hospital when it was not her duty. She took me to my meeting and then back home; not everyone does something like that for an ex.

I look down to my feet and see the box beside a booth down here. It is not in my room, probably Emma took it down here.

"Lo–Linda! The box is here." I speak but I'm sure she didn't listen so with pain on my limbs I walk up the stairs and see the door from –what used to be our room– opened.

I get inside and feel ice rubbing my entire body when I see the drawer opened and empty.

She is staring at the box in her hands, her back facing me.

"What is this?" She asks, being aware of my presence in the room.

I can't believe she found this, I didn't want her to know my failed intentions in case someday we can be together again and I want to propose to her not just for feeling frightened of losing her but because I am sure I want to spend my life beside her and that the right moment to commit is here.

Just knowing that she found this out makes me feel as devastated as I felt that day.

"I was going to propose to you." I had to tell her, I want her to know that I didn't intend to do this just for her to forgive me for what I had done to her, I want her to know I meant it.