11

_____________________________

Jack and I️ stepped out of the room and walked down the hallway.

I️ kept loosing my balance, partly because of the shoes and partly because the shots.

"Are you already drunk?" He said holding me upright.

"I️ don't know, kinda."

He laughed, "So why'd you wanna talk?"

"I️ want to know what you're trying to do, you're sending such mixed signals and it's confusing the fuck out of me."

"What do you mean mixed signals?"

"You'll be trying to get with me and then be all lovey dovey with Madison, which I️ have no problem with because she's your girlfriend and I'm with Austin. But if you don't want to be with her you need to tell her, because what you're doing to her is really shitty."

"It's tough, I️ don't want to hurt her. But ever since we met I️ haven't been able to stop thinking about you. Austin's my boy and I️ wouldn't want to steal you from him but I can't fucking help it, look at you."

We turned the corner and stopped walking.

"Madison is so beautiful and she's such a sweet girl why wouldn't you want to be with someone like that?"

"It's different. You're different." He said quieter.

"And don't compare yourself to her, you're fucking beautiful. Never think you're anything less."

"Jack" I said quietly.

"I'm going to end things with her" he said coming closer to me.

"Don't think that ending things with her will make me run to you, I couldn't do that to Austin."

"I️ know, I'll wait."

"Okay" I️ said, turning to go back to the room.

The walk back was silent. I don't know what to think of any of this. I need to talk to Chelsea right now.

"I'm gonna sit out here for a minute" I said to Jack when we got to the room.

"Okay we're leaving in twenty minutes" he said before going inside.

I leaned against the wall and pulled out my phone.

I decided to text Chelsea because I haven't talked to her since everything happened earlier.

E: Did you make it home safe?

She quickly responded.

C: Yup
E: I'm sorry about what happened, i wanted you to come.
C: I know it's okay, how are things going with Austin?
E: So much is going on I wish you were here.
C: Want me to call you to talk about it?
E: We're about to go out but when i get home I'll call you.

I heard the door behind me open and turned to see who it was.

I saw Edwin standing there looking down at me.

"What's up?" He said sliding down the wall beside me.

I let out a sigh.

"I don't know"

"Is it Jack?"

"Yes and I don't fucking know what to do"

"Don't stress, what do you want to do?"

"It shouldn't be this hard should it? If I really liked Austin I wouldn't have these feelings for Jack right?"

"Honestly no, but you've been a fan of Jack for so long so obviously you're going to like him. It's like your dream is coming true but there's something in the way, and that's Austin."