정국: 좋은 날

School was pointless

School was pointless. I saw no need of it at all. I already had a guaranteed job in my parent's enterprise, a man that they think is fit for me, and friends that they think will strengthen our ties with other companies. So, what's the point? My point is I'm sick and tired of it. Why do they get to control my every move just for the stupid company? I frustratingly rubbed my temple as my mom excitedly repeatedly talked about a company party that we were having tonight.

"It'll be an amazing opportunity to meet Jae In! Omo! You'll look so good together and we'll be rich if you two get married! It's perfect!" She squealed. Ignoring her, I put an ear bud in and tuned her out. She was telling me about Nam Jae In. The son of one of the biggest companies in Korea. Sure he may be hot and rich, but he was also like ten years older than me and already had about ten other wives. I almost jumped out of my seat in joy when my high school pulled in to view.

"Bye mom see you later." I said quickly kissing her cheek and running out of the car even after hearing her call after me. Pretending not to hear, I jogged up to the entrance as fast as I could. I smiled. Although there was no point, I liked school. I studied super hard and I was always first in my class, I was pretty athletic and usually was the best in the girls at that, and I was the best in my choir group as well. So the teachers all loved me so that was pretty sweet. As for the students, I'm not super social so I didn't really have friends, but that doesn't mean I didn't wish. Since fourth grade, I really wanted to gather the courage to talk to seven boys in my class.

They have been bestfriends since the beginning of time and were the only ones who genuinely loved each other. But there were a few problems, one, that I could never have enough courage and two, the whole student body wanted to be friends with them. They were hot, funny, nice, cute, and most of all, they were people who were loyal. You don't get that kind of bond these days. 

Honestly, I didn't want the popularity, or one of them to date me, or even their protection, I just wanted friendship. Sighing I went directly to the back of the class, diverting my eyes from the group that were seated clumsily. Plugging in earphones, I closed my eyes.

"JUNGKOOK DON-" I looked down to see ink splattered all over my white and blue uniform shirt and skirt. My eyes widened and I took out my earbud, turning to the baby faced boy seated next to me.

"I'M SO SORRY!" He yelled immediately reaching for a towel and itching towards me. I shot out of my seat and tried to stop him.

"DON'T! That'll smudge it-" He was already dabbing away on my shirt and skirt. 

"It." I grumbled the end of the sentence under my breathe. His eyes turned big again.

"OH MY GOD, I'M SO SORRY!" He said again.

"GIVE ME YOUR CLOTHES I'LL WASH THEM AND I'LL GIVE IT BACK TO YOU, HERE YOU CAN GIVE IT TO ME NOW!" He panickedly told me. I looked at him weirdly. 

"Umm.. no it's okay." I said slowly backing away from him. He inched towards me again.

"I REALLY AM SUPER SORRY!" He said.

"It's really okay." I replied back.

"ARE YOU SURE?" He asked. Knowing he wouldn't shut up. I grabbed his pinky in mine and touched my thumb to his.

"I promise. It's okay." I said. After making the promise gesture he seemed to calm down.

"YA HOW CAN YOU DO THAT? YOU COCONUT LOOKING-"

"We're super sorry, Y/n.." Hobi turned to me before Jin could continue scolding the poor boy. I laughed nervously. They remembered my name. Repeat, THEY REMEMBER MY NAME.

"It's really okay, don't worry. If you don't' mind the teacher will come soon, so please sit in your seats and don't splatter ink on everyone else..." I said smiling and barely hiding my excitement.

"Ahh... Yes president Y/n... Y/n president? President?" Taehyung had come to observe the scene. I laughed at his cluelessness. (A/N: Tae referred to her as president because Y/n's the class president)

"Y/n is just fine." I said. He nodded. I returned to my seat and laid my head down, plugging in a earbud in again. Making sure that I wasn't screaming too loud, I screamed. My uniform situation made me completely forget the fact that I had just talked to four of the guys that I have been wanting to be friends with for the longest time.

"Otoke..." I groaned. After the teacher had called out role and class was over, it was break time. I hadn't had any sleep last night because I was studying for college entrance exams. My parents didn't know I was applying but I wanted to become a doctor. I know my parents will disown me, and I wouldn't be rich anymore, but I'll be living in my dream and not somebody else's and that's all that mattered.  I closed my eyes again, almost drifting off to sleep until I was jerked awake again after something cool touched my arm.

"What the.." I trailed off when I saw the same baby faced boy again. 

"Here, it's banana milk. It's an apology gift." Jungkook said sticking a straw in it and handing it to me.

"Oh. It's okay, it's not necessary." I said almost stuttering. He frowned.

"Do you like strawberry better?" He handed me a strawberry drink too. I shook my head smiling at his cuteness.

"No, no, banana is just fine." I said taking a sip for the boy's happiness. He smiled delightedly, I tried to suppress a laugh, it looked like he won a toy. He returned to his seat next to me. I was sipping happily and was going to put my earbud back in when he turned to me again.

"Why don't you ever talk? You're super nice and you'd probably get along with everyone!" He said. My cheeks turned pink.

"I've never been good at making friends." I said shrugging. He looked at me like I was being ridiculous.

"How? I've literally always been afraid to talk to girls but for some reason you weren't as intimidating, you kind of remind me of my hyungs." He said jerking a finger towards the rowdy group of guys that were laughing while Jin and Namjoon arm wrestled. I smiled jokingly.

"I don't know if that was an insult or compliment." Jungkook panicked again.

"No, no! It was definitely a compliment." He said. I chuckled, getting up to throw away the empty milk box. I felt his eyes follow me to the trashcan and back.

"You're unusual." He said. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Hmm?"

"You aren't like everyone else, you know like all the other people here... Looking for a boyfriend or popularity." He said. I ran a hand through my hair.

"Well I'm glad to know that I stick out." I said. He smiled.

"We should hang out sometime, you're pretty cool." The brown haired boy said shyly. I turned pink and looked down.

"As friends." He quickly added. I smiled.

"As friends, sounds good." I said.

"Cool." He quickly turned around to the other boys and shouted.

"SEE I MADE A FRIEND THAT'S GIRL! I DON'T HAVE A MEDICAL PROBLEM. HAND OVER THE FIVE BUCKS YOU IDIOTS" Jungkook yelled. I laughed shaking my head. I made a friend today. 'It's a start.' I thought to myself. It's been a good day.