China x Reader

Fill for Mystery Guest on Fan Fiction; Yao promised reader that he'll meet her for his date, but everything changed after Yao was taken hostage and taken away in a bank robbery. Yao was gone for two days leaving Reader horrified. It wasn't until Reader finds Yao at her front porch with his hands cuffed, mouth taped shut and slightly beaten (a small blow on his head), but was fine and alive.

“But Yaaaaaao, I don’t want to go…! It’s boriiiiiing…! Besides, this was supposed to be a date! Shouldn’t we be doing something fun?” You complained as your boyfriend, Yao Wang, dragged you through the heavy doors of the bank.

“Do you want to eat?” He demanded.

“Yeah…”

“Then you’re going, aru.”

“Fine…”

You reluctantly let him pull you into the bank with him, pouting. Little did you know, however, that what you once thought would be a boring trip to the bank would turn out to be not so boring after all.

“Hands in the air and be quiet! If any of you show any signs of defiance we won’t hesitate to shoot, much less take hostages!” The apparent leader of the group of criminals shouted at the group of people they had rounded up, the safety lock on his gun turned off.

The bank went deathly silent as several of the criminals leveled their guns at the heads of several people, everyone’s faces as pale as ghosts as they complied with the leader’s orders.

You could feel Yao pushing you slightly behind him in a protective manner, his expression grim.

“(Name), when I tell you to--” Suddenly, he was pulled away from you by his hair, his face contorted in pain.

“Little fucker.” One of the armed men growled, roughly tugging on Yao’s hair to make it as painful as possible. “What the hell were you planning? Maybe I should just kill both you and your little girly over there, huh? How does that sound?” Before he could continue three new men burst into the bank’s main hall, duffle bags slung across their bodies.

“We got the money! Let’s go!” One of them shouted. “Grab hostages and let’s go!”

Several of the original armed men grabbed hostages, your boyfriend being one of them. To say you were terrified would be an understatement. You were worried sick for everyone, not just your boyfriend and just the mere thought of what could happen to them made you sick to the stomach. How you hoped everyone would be okay…

Everything passed by in a blur. You remembered the criminals getting away with the hostages, the police rushing in to make sure everything and everyone was okay, and soon after, being escorted for questioning, not that you could supply much besides to obvious to them. You were soon allowed to go back home, where you were left to worry over the childish yet mature Asian that was your boyfriend.

Three days later, at seven in the morning, you’re doorbell rang. You got up to answer in hopes that it was the police with news on the robbery so that you could finally sleep off the bags under your eyes. So, of course, it came to you as a surprise when you propped open the front door to see none other than your lover. Your battered and bruised lover, but your lover nonetheless.

“Oh my God, Yao!” You exclaimed, tears springing up at the corners of your eyes as you hurried to remove the gag keeping him from speaking as well as the rope binding his legs together.  “Thank God you’re okay! I was so worried…” You sobbed, choking on your words.

“Shh, I’m okay now, aru. You don’t need to worry anymore,” He consoled, patting your back as he tried to rub some feeling back into his hands.

“I was so worried I would never see you again…,” You mumbled, your voice muffled by his top.

“It’s all over now… Don’t worry anymore. I’m home, I’m safe, everyone else is safe.”

“I’m so relieved…”