Romano x Reader

It was summertime. The time mess around, go swimming, visit the beach, take a break. So, that was exactly what you and your boyfriend were doing. You were going swimming. Although, your actions inside the pool were extremely… childish, to say the least.

“Look Romano, look! Look at me!” You yelled to catch Southern Italia’s attention, careful not to fall off the kickboard you were sitting on.

“What?” He asked, seemingly irritated by the fact that you disturbed his relaxation time while laying on the pool float-chair-thing. Well, not that it bothered you. You were already used to his attitude by now. “This better be something important.”

“Look!” You cheerfully exclaimed, giggling. “I’m a squid!” You yelled as you used your arms to push yourself around on the kickboard, imitating the tentacles of a squid.

Romano facepalmed.

“Oh mio Dio… Non so come mi sono innamorata di un idiota…*” He muttered under his breath, running a hand through his hair.

“Huh? What’s that mean?” You asked.

“Nothing, (Name). Nothing.”

You eyed the southern part of Italy with skepticism before simply shrugging it off and going back to messing around with the kickboard and various other toys strewn about the pool.

Omake

“... and then he said something along the lines of ‘Oh mio Dio… Non so come mi sono innamorata di un idiota…’! What does that mean?” You asked after avidly explaining the situation to a cheerful Italian and a tomato-loving Spaniard, both which sweatdropped once you told them what Romano had said.

“Ahaha…” Spain laughed awkwardly, scratching the back of his head. “How do I put this… He--”

“He said he loved you!” Northern Italy interrupted, telling you only half of the truth.

“Really?” You exclaimed in disbelief, eyed wide. “He said that? I can’t believe I missed one of his moments of affection! I’m going to go talk to him, okay? I’ll catch up with you guys later!” You yelled over your shoulder after abruptly standing up and taking off.

“... Did we do the right thing?” Italy asked.

Spain sighed.

“She doesn’t need to know the full meaning.”

*Oh my God… I don't know how I fell in love with such an idiot…”