Canada x Reader

Prompt: Letters

A/N: The only thing I want to say is please pay attention to the dates on the letters. Thank you!

4/16/11

Dear Matthew Williams,

My name is (First Name) (Last Name). I’m 15 years old, live in (city) with my parents and I’m in my last year of middle school. I didn’t really want to have a pen pal, but my mom signed me up for it and well, I might as well make the best of it. So hi. Nice to meet you. I hope we can get along well.

Sincerely,

(First Name)

4/18/11

Dear (Name),

It’s nice to meet you. I’m sorry you had to do this unwillingly and I hope I can serve to be a suitable partner to talk to. I’m from Quebec City, Canada.  As you know my name is Matthew Williams, but you can call me anything you want. What are some of your interests? I like to play hockey and cook.

Sincerely,

Matthew

8/29/12

Dear Mattie,

I got a boyfriend today. He’s really sweet and nice. He’s always thinking about how I feel and takes it into consideration whenever he does something. He get’s straight A’s and is really popular. I know it sounds really cliche, but my heart beats whenever I’m around him and I can’t think straight. He gives me butterflies whenever I’m with him. I think I’m really in love, Mattie. I want to spend the rest of my life with him.

Love,

(Name)

8/31/12

Dear (Name),

Congratulations. I’m happy for you. I really am. But be careful, (Name). I don’t want you to get hurt.

Love,

Matthew

9/2/12

Dear Mattie,

Don’t worry. I’ll be fine. He’d never hurt me. Anyway, how was your hockey game?

Love,

(Name)

2/15/13

Dear Mattie,

You were right, Mattie. He was a jerk. I broke up with him today. My boyfriend, that is. I caught him cheating on me yesterday. With some junior that he doesn’t even know and is several years older than him! I should have listened to you when I had the chance… I’m sorry I doubted you, Mattie.