Netherlands x Reader

Requested by QueenOfTomatoes on Quotev

It was December twenty-fifth, ten o'clock, and you were all tuckered out for Christmas. Your family had all gathered together in the living room at eight, due to your younger brother and sister's eagerness. Each of you had opened at least one present, your siblings of course getting tons of toys and games. You, yourself, had gotten some books, clothes, and the first season of your favorite show.

After everyone had opened their presents, you had all gone to the kitchen and helped make breakfast, which consisted of pancakes, fruit, juice, and some pieces of pie that were leftover from Christmas Eve dinner.

That had all happened around nine-ish or so. And now you were just lazing around the house in your (favorite show)-patterned pajamas. You hadn't expected much to happen after the initial Christmas gifts chaos, so it was to your surprise when the door rang, despite it being freezing outside and there being snow on the ground.

"I'm coming!" You heard your mother yell out, and relaxed back into your chair, keeping an ear open. You were still curious as to who the hell would walk outside in this weather.

"Oh, are you here to see, (Name)?" You could hear her say. "(Name)! It's for you!"

You groaned as your pulled yourself out of the chair you were sitting in, shuffling to the doorway. Who in their right mind would come to visit you?

As you turned the corner your eyes widened in surprise at who the unexpected guest was. Your mother gave you a pat on the shoulder and a wink as she walked past you.

"Ned? What're you doing here?" You asked as you pulled the teenage boy into the house, so he wouldn't freeze to death outside.

He refrained from giving a verbal answer; instead a small, brightly packaged box was presented to you. It didn't even take up the entirety of his palm.

Your eyes widened, and you let out a small gasp.

"Oh, Ned… You got me something? You didn't have to!"

"You're my girlfriend," He retorted. "And it's Christmas."

"Still…" You tried to defend, carefully taking the box from his hands. "Can I open it?"

"Go ahead," he urged.

You slowly tore apart the wrapping paper to reveal a small black box. You let the paper fall to the floor, and reached to open the box with baited breath. As soon as you did, that breath came out in the form of a largely audible gasp.

Inside the box lay a small silver ring, designed after a red tulip.

You looked up at your boyfriend for confirmation that this was for you, and once you received it, you hesitantly pulled it out of the case and slid it over your ring finger.

It was a perfect fit.

By the time the ring was snug on your finger, you were on the verge of tears. Happy, elated tears.

"Oh, Ned! You really didn't need to!" You sobbed as you threw yourself onto him, crying into his shoulder. "This must have been so expensive!"

"Anything for you, (Name)."

A/N: Why doesn't it snow in California TT3TT

Well… This could have turned out better. I really don't know how to have him speak… But I hope you enjoyed it, QueenOfTomatoes! Happy holidays, everyone! I hope you enjoy the double upload!

Ring Image: media.berricle.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/r/6/r683-3.jpg