Ch. 2

"Kali, could you stay a minute," Negan asked as the rest of the lieutenants made their way out of the meeting room. The others gave her a look of worry, some wrinkled their foreheads in confusion before leaving. He was still sitting at the end of the table, his long legs perched on it because he did in fact 'own this fucking place' like he had said multiple times.

"Sure thing boss," she replied immediately giving the others a reassuring look. Once they had all exited, Kali shut gray steel door behind them and turned to Negan. "What's up," she asked once she had retaken her seat to his left, her curiosity running rampant.

Negan eyed her for a second before removing his legs from the table and resting on his elbows, Lucille, never too far away, lay beside him as he continued to stare at her. "You remember when we first met," he asked receiving an 'hmm' from Kali. "You were a scrawny little thing back then. Knew nothing about survival, how to shoot a gun. Hell, I remember watching you from down the street deal with two walkers and one would have got ya if I hadn't stepped in," he boasted.

Kali laughed softly at his recollection of how they had met. "Sorry to tell you Negan, but I think your memories are a bit altered from what actually happened. As I recall," she started laying more on her elbows now to get closer, "I believe it was you who needed saving on that street that day," she prodded. "In fact, I remember shooting my gun and dropping both of 'em. Then you marched up to me and yanked my gun from hands calling me a lunatic for shooting so close to living person, sir."

Both of them started laughing. Negan's eyes scrunching shut and he laughed loudly drowning out Kali's own laughter. "Damn good times back before we built all this. All those times you kicked my ass," Negan remember quietly to himself. "Anyways, I asked you stay because I'm sending you to the southern outpost. Thomas, that was over it, got himself killed while they were scavenging for some supplies."

Kali jerked in shock, confusion plastered all over her face. "Well shit, don't act so surprised," he teased.

"I thought you didn't want me out there? Or at least that is what you said every time I even hinted at it. Always said 'you're not going out there and that's final', before storming off."

Negan rolled his eyes. "Do you want it or not? I'd be more than happy to give that position to someone else," he warned.

Pushing her chair back enthusiastically causing it to tip over and clamor against the cement floors. "Are you serious," she asked him straight-faced knowing how cruel he can be at times. She watched as Negan's eyes lit up watching her. "You are fucking serious! Oh, my. It's about fucking time," she played.

"Just don't fuck up and die on me okay. I don't think I could handle that," he told her honestly looking into her brown eyes sincerely.

"I won't let you down Negan," she promised.

"I know," he said softly flicking is fingers towards the door, "go pack your bags. You're moving."

Kali groaned as she rolled off the mattress landing on the same cold floor that she woke up on daily now. Her hot breath visible against it. Resting her forehead against it, Kali took in a deep breath trying to find the strength to pick herself up and deal with Rick and company for another day. It was tempting to just lay there beside that mattress until Rick comes to bother her again just wasting away the day. Taking one last deep breath, Kali placed her palms on the floor and pushed herself up also bringing her knees in, so she could sit on them. If she was going to be stuck in here for a while, then maybe it was time she started doing some fitness exercises.