Chapter 6

The green trees on the side of the road whipped by as the gray sedan flew down the road. Kali was scrunched in the seat, her eyes watching the outside world through the window. Early this morning she was dragged from her bed by Michonne and Rick and stuffed in a car with Michonne behind the wheel being driven away from Alexandria.

The roar of the tires filled the car over the soft song that was barely heard from a CD that was inside the car. Michonne's focus was on the road but Kali could see her occasionally sneak a peek at her. From the start of this whole thing, Michonne was one of the nicest ones to her. When Rick wasn't around, Michonne was usually the one to take care of her unless she was off with Rick or doing something else at the time.

"Why are you pouting," Michonne called breaking the silence between the two.

Kali turned her head to look at her for a second before looking back out the window. "I'm not pouting."

She heard the woman scoff. "You've been doing good for the past week. It was Rick's idea to send you on this run. So, take a deep breath and relax."

"Are you going to try and kill me too," she asked turning to look at Michonne again. "Cause if so just shoot me and get it over with. Is this "run" a scheme to get me away from Alexandria so your people won't know that you and Rick decided to get rid of me."

A small smile tugged at Michonne's lips revealing her pearly whites. "Rick actually addressed that whole situation while you were knocked out. He wants you to feel like you belong at Alexandria, that you aren't just a prisoner. He wants things to change with Negan. He's trying to get everything back to how they were before. You can be part of the change."

Kali rolled her eyes as the pair continued to travel down the road. "Rick," she said drawing out his name, "sure does want a lot of things."

"You just need to open your eyes and see things from our perspective. We look like the bad guys to you, I get it, but all we wanted was to keep our family safe."

Kali rolled her eyes again. "Ahh we're here," Michonne said as she pulled the car into the lot that was filled with old cars. From her spot in the car, Kali would see a few walkers staggering around the lot. An old store that was starting to cave in on the side sat in the back of the lot.

Michonne got out of the car first closing the door. Kali too got out of the car, her backpack on her shoulder. She and Michonne walked towards the building. She watched as Michonne pulled her katana sword from its white and brown case with small black diamonds. Carefully she approached a nearby walker and quickly sunk the tip of the sword into the walker's head causing it to drop to the ground like a sack of potatoes.

Kali watched as Michonne dropped the rest of the walkers that were in the lot in their spots. "Can I get a knife or something," Kali asked. All she earned from Michonne was a look and a shake of the head before the pair made their way inside the building. "Why not," she asked only to be ignored.

"Stay close so I can protect you," called Michonne over her shoulder, a playful tone to her voice.

Once again, Kali rolled her eyes following behind Michonne. The pair made their way through the abandoned building stuffing supplies in their backpacks.

The pair made their way over to the outdoor section of the store putting leftover ammo in their bags. Kali was behind the counter searching through the hidden storage when she came across a gun. Her fingertips brushed against the cold black metal. She grabbed the pistol and put it on the counter. Michonne's eyes instantly found hers when she stood back up. "Here," Kali said softly turning the gun so that the handle was facing Michonne. Slowly, the woman stepped over towards her keep an eye on her for sudden movements.