Ch.11 - Divorce Her.

Asalamoalaikum :)

New update is here.

Recap
* "Apnay baat karni thi? (You wanted to talk about something?)" I asked her and she looked away from me. I reached her hand and held it, and in response she jerked my hand away from hers.

What's wrong!?

"Ammi kiya hua? (What happened mom?)" I asked softly while she just stared the ceiling.

"Free her, now." *

P. S. I felt so bad writing this chapter. 😌 and it's short too, sorry. Next will be long InSha Allah :)
________________________________

CHAPTER ELEVEN

"Free her?" I voiced back.

"Yes, free her." she whispered weakly but her voice was firm.

"Who ammi? What have I done?" I extended my hand to grab hers but she jerked it away again.

"Who? You're really asking me who?"

"Ammi, why are you angry at me? I promise I didn't do anything to make you feel low." i managed saying it, my voice started shaking.

What is she talking about?

Saba? But why? How?

I was in my thoughts when the washroom door of ammi's room opened slowly and out came Saba with red eyes.

She seemed like she cried, I was waiting for her to look up at me but she didn't. Her eyes down to the ground while I looked at ammi who was also looking at her with deep concern in her eyes.

I looked back at Saba intently.

I hope it's not what I'm thinking.

"Saba?" I called her name to gain her attention. "What is she talking about? What happened to ammi?" I said in presence of ammi to her and Saba looked up at me.

Her eyes were a pure shade of red, same as her nose. She looked at me in the eyes for around two to three seconds without saying anything and teared the gaze. Her eyes shifted towards ammi and tears dropped out of her eyes again.

She gave me a look and left the room hurriedly. A deep frown appeared on my forehead. I looked back at ammi who was just staring the side where Saba was a while ago.

"Ammi? Ye kiya kar rahay hain ap dono? (What are you both doing?)"

"Samjh nai ayi tumhe meri baat? Chor do usay. Azaad kardo is takleef se. (Don't you understand what I said? Leave her. Free her from this pain?)" she looked at me with a disgusted look. Her voice firm as it's her final decision.

"Ammi!" I called her softly trying to normalise the situation.

What had happened here when I was away?

"Dont call me your ammi Shehryaar." she spoke through gritted teeth and looked away. "Mera beta aisa kabhi nahi ho sakta. (My son can never be like this.)"

"Ammi, ap meri baat to sunain, at least hear me out." I called her again, she just accused me, she definitely regrets calling me her son.

"Mujh pr sirf ek ahsaan karo Mr. Shehryaar Asif, Saba ko apne wajood se aazaad kardo. Wo tumhare jaise shohar k laiq hi nahi hai. (Do a favour to me Mr. Shehryaar Asif, free Saba from yourself. She don't deserve a husband like you.)"

"So finally she told you about us. Typical woman." I let out a small sarcastic laugh.

"Shehryaar don't ever come in front of me again. What do you expect? I don't have any sense what's going around the house? Saba was perfect for my Shehry, not you, never ever."

"Mom, her dad killed my dad. He killed your husband, did you forget? Mind me reminding you that?" I spoke of anger.

Saba actually did this. How stupid of her. I was secretly cursing her for this. Saba might have told her everything that is actually why ammi stressed. Ammi didn't respond to me.

"Ammi, if you really forgot then let me remind you. She is the reason you are here now. What else kind of behaviour you expect me to have towards her? That bloody woman has nothing to do with me or with you. All she knows is how to damage other's lives."

"Don't call her that Shehryaar. Send her in. Divorce her as soon as possible and never ever come in front of me. I only have one kid, and that is Saba."

"Saba, Saba, Saba. Kar kiya rahi hai wo aap k sath? Meray khilaf kar k gayi hai na ab chayn se nahi jeene doonga. Meri maa ko mujh se door karna chahti hai na woh, ab ho haye khush. (What is she even doing to you? She made you against me, now I'll not let her live peacefully. She tried to take my mother away right, now she should be very happy.)" I stood up anger boiled within me.

"Peacefully?" Ammi smiled a little, more like a sarcastic smile. "She'll be in much peace without you. You also don't even let her live, let alone 'in peace', go out and never come back. And send her in if you find her."

"Huh, ammi you still support her? How can you?"

"Shehryaar jis din tumhari beti kay sath koi ye sab karay ga na, tab pata chalay ga tumhe kis kis aziyat se guzar rahi hai Saba. Yaad rakhna ye tum. (The day your daughter will be facing all this, then you'll actually know what pain Saba is going through. Remember this thing.)" she said and I punched the side of her bed, with full power.

I was almost giving her a chance to get along just because she was there with me when I needed someone. Just because she took care of 'ammi'. To hell with her now. She didn't took care, else she took her away from me. What a plan Saba. Hats off.

I went out of the room giving ammi a last look. She still wasn't even looking at me.

Anger boiled within me and I just wanted to kill Saba right here, right now. I ran around the floor to search for her, but she was nowhere.

I ran to the main gate of hospital trying to find where she was when I caught her sight. All curled up, her head in her knees, hidden. She was sitting at the entrance stairs of the hospital. Sound of her cries can be easily heard.

To hell her cries.

"What did you say to her?" I shouted at her and she at once stood up, scared and hiccuped. "Yeah, what the hell did you say to her?" this time my voice was more louder and Saba took step backwards at my voice.

"Bolo!? (Say!?)"

"I-...I didn't. I didn't say anything to her. Tr-trust me." her light voice was heard.

"Trust? Trust you? You know what 'trust' is?" I let out a sarcastic chuckle. Her presence was killing me.

"Shehryaar, I didn't. Please atleast trust me in this. I just went to her room and she, out of nowhere asked me..." she sniffled her nose, "she asked me if I'm happy with you..."

"Oh damn please stop this drama. I was glad that I let you near me for the past whole day because I started trusting you, I guess you're not worth it."

"No, hear me. I said I am... happy. She she asked me to swear upon my dad's name and there, I lost it.", her voice low enough for me to hear.

"Very well now, you know what, celebrate this victory of yours. You won. You fucking won." I shouted again and she visibly shivered.

"But remember one thing Saba, never in my entire life, I'll divorce you, you understand?" she didn't responded to my words so I again shouted.

"Understand?" this time I was the loudest.

She nodded her head furiously and a little voice came out of her mouth.

"Yes."

"Good, now leave. Go to her room. Calm her down."

The thought of me divorcing her was not acceptable, I didn't stand the thought of me releasing her from all of this myself. I married her torture her. Just to make her realise how miserable she and her dad made my life.

You'll pay Saba. One fine day, you'll pay.