Ch. 1 : The Reason

[edited by RMONARCH]

One month earlier

~Namjoon’s Pov~

He thought he had sprained his left ankle: he needed to drag his feet to walk towards the school main gate. He winced in pain each time he took a step even though he tried to be more careful and walk slowly. It started to bruise, leaving purple marks on his ankle. This was a common thing thathappened to him since last week.

Every day, he would come home with some bruises and cuts. He had no more reason to complain against the bully anymore. He did once before. And the result was he got beaten more. Hence he stopped himself complaining the matter to the school teacher. To make it worse, the teachers don't even care about the bullying happened around the school compound.

Some of them did give warnings to the students but to no avail. Warnings had no power to instill fear in students mind. They were just like mere small talk, having no effect. The school administration only wanted to protect the school's image and reputation so they refused any involvement with police or even the education board.

As such, Namjoon gave up. That green haired boy. The hulk. Yoongi. The man who always picked a fight at school, considered himself the school boss where everyone needed to respect him. Being helped by his two sidekicks, Jimin and Hoseok. These three people had turned Namjoon life into hell since he transferred to the school last week. Why they made him a target? Namjoon had no answer to that. He himself wanted to know the reason behind that bullying.

He did ask Yoongi. But the mint green haired man never answered him. What he did was he punch him in the stomach, leaving Namjoon rolling on the floor for the harsh blow. Namjoon didn’t want to ask anymore. He had enough pain already.

I hate this school!

Today, once again that punk Min Yoongi had thrown a fist against his left rib and pushed him mercilessly on the floor. Namjoon didn't have time to control his balance or to hold onto something before he fell, resulting him to fall from the stairs. He was lucky that it was only a five stepped stair. He did wonder— if he ever fell from the higher place, will he ever still breathing now? Of course not! He would be dead meat, his limbs would be all broken. Or even if he lived, he may be crippled for the whole of his life. How fortunate he was in this unfortunate event.

Pfft!! Stupid Yoongi!

What Yoongi did at that time he fell downstairs was look at him without any feelings. Straight face, smirking like a jerk, and his two friends looking at Namjoon as well, laughing out loud. Funny. It was funny for them if Namjoon being hurt. And it was funnier that Namjoon never fought back against them. They enjoyed the power they had over him. This was just a mere stand up comedy for them and Namjoon was a prop used for entertainment.

I hate them! I hate this school! I hate myself! I hate my life! I hate everyone!

"Young Master!!"

Namjoon looked up upon the chauffeur who had been waiting for him besides the BMW. He sighed heavily. He could sense the panic in Mr Lee's tone. Namjoon just ignored his concerned face. He didn’t have the heart to explain what happened to him at this moment. He was too tired. He just wanted to go home. And he knew that even if he didn’t tell Mr Lee, that old man would know. He always knew what was wrong with Namjoon. This was not something new, though.

“What happened to you?” asked Mr Lee, Namjoon's personal chauffeur. Concerned and worried.

Then, Namjoon noticed Yoongi, Jimin and Hosoek from a far, approaching him. Namjoon looked down. He was trembling a bit, knowing Yoongi was looking at him with sharp eyes. Namjoon felt like he was gonna get choked by his own saliva.

"N-nothing. I just fell..."

Namjoon threw a look at Yoongi from the corner of his eyes. He can see Yoongi smirking at his answer to Mr Lee when he walked by past him. Namjoon ft defeated and totally dejected. Why did that man need to make his life miserable like this? Urghhhh...

Mr Lee sighed. "Young master. You need to watch where you go. You always trip over something and hurt yourself..."

Namjoon rolled his eyes. Ignoring Mr Lee, Namjoon just climbed in the car and slammed the door. Mr Lee just shook his head slowly, went to his driver seat and drove the expensive car towards Namjoon's house.

Not to be exaggerated, but Mr Lee was quite worried about Namjoon. He was eyeing Namjoon through the front mirror. His face was a little bit pale. He had furrowed eyebrows. Something was bothering Namjoon as his lips murmured without any noise.

Was he okay? What if he was being bullied again?

That was the main reason why that young master transferred to the new school last week. But if he was bullied again, then it is not a good sign. Namjoon of course would take this matter on his own hand without bothering to tell his father. He always kept everything to himself, trying to settle it by himself.

It was the same case as before. Namjoon always a victim. Since middle to high school he always was the subject of bullying. He may be tall and have built up muscle, but his soft and timid personality made him an easy target. Namjoon never retaliate,d not even once. He just let himself be pranked or bullied. And he never complained against the school or even to his parent.

Mr Lee did remember, during his middle school when he had been bullied almost a month. Coming home with a bruised face, Namjoon crying in front of his father, saying he had been bullied at school. Mr Kim, Namjoon’s father, too busy with his business matter, didn't even paid attention why his son is crying. He didn’t even notice the bruise. He was just busy talking with his business partner, discussing about mergers and projects.

Money was important. More important than him. Namjoon held no value or prospect in his business minded. That is what Namjoon said to Mr Lee. He never felt that his father ever loved him since his mother died when he was five due to a road accident. He had always been left alone in that big mansion, been attended to his whole life by his maid and chauffeur. And Namjoon, again, had no complaints about that.

That was the main reason why Namjoon always felt there was no use to complain; since no one would ever listen to him. No one cared about his feeling or whatever happened to him. He just needed to accept everything with an open heart, deal with all the tortures and endure it until his last breath.

That is why Mr Lee was always concerned about Namjoon’s mental health. He knew that that young boy suffered depression. He needed someone to talk with. He needed someone to love him back. Namjoon needed friends. Mr Lee was worried that Namjoon, who was socially awkward among strangers, would suffer deeper depression as no one ever helped him. Someone who he can call as a friend or a lover.

Mr Lee looked at Namjoon again through his front mirror. The young boy had fallen asleep. His snoring could be clearly heard. Mr Lee was pretty sure that Namjoon was being bullied at his new school. He needed to investigate the matter carefully without Namjoon's knowledge. And he must inform Seokjin about this. Seokjin could help Namjoon, like before.