six

I heaved a sigh as I flopped onto my bed. The weekend went by much faster than I had wished and I was back home at hell, my brother seeming to have already left. I pulled my hair from my ponytail. My mom didn't allow me to ever have my hair up so I kept it down while I was at home.

"Naruto!" My mother screeched from the kitchen, her tone held an icy cold anger. Oh shit. What'd I do this time?

I tensed, my mind racing with things it could be. I quickly made my way down the stairs and to the kitchen, if I took too long, I might risk her anger growing.

"Yes, ma'am?" I asked politely, standing with my head lowered as to not make eye contact.

I could feel her razor sharp gaze slicing through me. "Take a seat," her tone, strict and angry, just barely reaching her breaking point. I took my seat quickly. "Your report card came in," she stated. Oh. Well shit. I dared not to speak. "You got a eighty-five in science," she stated, as if I knew what that meant but I didn't. "That is unacceptable," she scuffed.

"I'll try harder next time," I promised, speaking quickly.

Her movement was quick. Her hands fisted the hair a top my head and slammed my face into the table in front of me, I let out a gasped of pain but otherwise remained silent. "Did I say you could speak?" she asked monotonously. I said nothing, making sure to keep my head where she left it. I felt her fingers running through my hair. "Lift your head," she spoke softly, her tone changing drastically.

I obeyed and lifted my hair slowly. She cupped my cheeks before running her hand through my blond hair. "Have I ever told you how bad I wanted a girl?" She asked.

'Only about a million times,' I thought to myself.

"If only I you were a daughter, I would dress you in all the frilly things that I didn't get to wear when I was your age. You'd look so cute!" She grinned.

'Yeah sure, except for the fact I'm a boy,' I thought bitterly.