twelve

When I awoke to the white ceiling, the feeling of warmth in my hands and consistent beeping, I was oddly relieved. Relieved to know that someone cared enough to save me. Sure, I knew Sasuke cared but I also knew he could only be holding my one hand. As for the other, I didn't know who I could've been but I knew it was someone who cared.

I shifted a bit to see that my other hand was being held by my mother, whom was asleep with her head resting on the bed which left me at a loss. Was this some kind of sick joke? She didn't care and I knew that full well. Maybe I was dead and this was just an afterlife or something? The consistent beeping of the heart monitor proved me wrong though. I glanced to my other side to see Sasuke, he also seemed to be asleep at my side, bags under his eyes. Seeing him reminded me all over again why I had fallen in love with him to begin with.

The sound of a sliding door opening caught my attention. I looked up drowsily to see my father step into the room and pause to stare at me unbelievingly. "He's awake!" He exclaimed, causing the head's of the two people at my side to shoot up and look into my direction.

"You dumb fuck!" Sasuke exclaimed, tears in his eyes, pulling me into a hug to which I returned.

I glanced at my mom to find her in tears, her hands clasped over her mouth. "I'm so sorry Naruto."