sixteen

My mom refused to leave my bedside as did Sasuke but his parents managed to pry him away from me and force him to go to school. The next morning when I awoke, my mother was asleep, her head rested on the bed beside my legs. I couldn't help the small smile the crossed my face. I lie there, my had back, just thinking about all that's happened in my life up till now. It was surprising really, that I had managed to make survive this long with all that everyone had done to me.

I was brought back to reality by a groan. I looked in the direction of my mother so see her slowly sitting on, stretching in the process. When her eyes landed on me, she smiled a bit. "Good morning, how'd you sleep?" She asked kindly.

I vaguely wondered if she was faking all of this sympathy or if she actually meant it. "Fine," I answered. "When are we going home?" I asked.

"Whenever you'd like," she answered.

"Can we go now? I don't like hospitals," I replied quickly.

"Of course, let me go sign you out," she stood and exited the room. I glanced around and spotted a set of clothes sitting in one of the chairs. I recognized them as my own clothes and one of Sasuke's hoodies. I'd have to thank him later for getting them for me.