2 |

After Ava had finally received a proper burial, I felt myself always in the center of attention. Delicates whom I had come across would ask how I was feeling and things like that.

My friends tried their best to cheer me up. But I knew they couldn't do more than that anymore. Without Ava, I felt a piece of my soul gone. Lost.

And I will never, ever replace Ava with another child.

This afternoon I was strolling around the marketplace alongside Morgana. She said that she had wanted to shop for new fabrics. Of course I had agreed to go with her.

As usual I was dressed in my chainmail uniform, one styled personally for women ( me ) and I've had a sword belt around my hips with my sword in its sheath.

My hair was tied in huntress braids, more sophisticated than usual braids.

"This one looks perfect," I told Morgana, pulling out a roll of aquamarine-colored fabric, "It clashes with your complexion. Looks good with your hair, too."

"The quality of the fabric is really good," Morgana agreed, "Do you think we could get another color?"

"Sure, why not?"

I continued helping Morgana looking for more fabric, but shouting caught my ears, so did Morgana's.

"What's going on over there?" She asks, looking over my shoulder, "Sounds like a fight."

"I think I'll deal with it," I said, "you continue looking through the fabrics."

"No way, I'm checking this out like you are." A determined Morgana told me as she set the fabric she was holding down and followed me to the source of the yell.

I heard whispers as I approached the big crowd like,

"Isn't that the Captain of the Royal Guard, Aurora Pendragon?"

"What's she doing here?"

"She's not going to like this,"

I elbowed my way through the crowd, ignoring the stares I've received. Not going to like what? I thought as I finally made it to the front, so did Morgana.

When I finally saw what they had been looking at, I gasped. Morgana's eyes widened in shock.

There, lying on the ground were Leon and surprisingly, Merlin. Both were fighting, and the Pendragon cape that Leon was wearing was mostly covered in dirt.

Both Morgana and I exchanged looks, and the two of us charged inside the "fight zone" and broke them off of each other.

"Why are the two of you fighting?" I demanded of Sir Leon as I pushed him away from Merlin.

"He's under an enchantment, Aurora. I'm just trying to break him out of it." Merlin called.

I turned back to Leon, "Is it true?"

To my surprise, he ignored me, and pulled out his sword out of its sheath. At first he tried to lash out at Merlin, but thankfully I blocked his attack.

"I order you to stand down," I said through my clenched teeth, "Now."

"Aurora?" His voice seemed to have calmed, and the tension between the two of the men relaxed.

Leon was brought to Gauis's quarters to have a check-up. Merlin and Arthur were there.

"So you say he was bitten by an enchanted snake?" I asked Merlin with one raised brow.

"I found him unconsious on the forest floor, and brought him in. Suddenly though, he just bolted up and attacked me."

"I see," I looked at Gauis for more scientific answers, "Nothing is seriously wrong with him, right?"

"Just a few scratches. But he'll be fine once I tend to the bite." Gauis reassured me as he wrapped bandage around Leon's arm.

Once he added his last ointment on Leon's chest, he then covered the wound with more wraps of bandages.

And we were back to the room we shared almost instantly.

"Are you alright?" Now it was my turn to ask him, "You were fighting Merlin in central square a while ago."

"I had only remembered being bitten by a snake, nothing else," He told me, pushing back a strand of hair behind my ear.

I laid comfortably on his chest, careful not to disturb the wound, "I hope you are alright now."

"It doesn't hurt as much as other wounds, actually," He reassured me.

I love you, I smiled at the thought, and let sleep take over me.