10 |

Coughing, I slowly tried to get up to my feet. The sword slipped from my hands.

"Aurora! We heard an explosion," Gwen had a worried look to her face.

"I'm fine," I reassured her, and flashed her a weak smile.

"No you are not. You need to rest," She checked for physical injuries, just a scratch on my back.

"What about the visit from King Gotwin and his daughter Princess Elena? I-I need to be there," I told her.

She bit her lip, as if thinking hardly. She opened her mouth to speak, but I quickly held up my hand and stopped her.

"I can explain everything to Arthur," I assured her, "don't worry, Gwen."

-

I explained everything to Arthur, ensuring him that everything was alright and that he has nothing to be worried of.

"King Gotwin and Princess Elena are safe to visit," I told him.

"Great," He smiled, "They'll be arriving this afternoon, then."

I let out a gasp as a beam of light struck the both of us. He left the throne room, as well as I.

Grimly, I made my way down the corridor. The arrival of Princess Elena and King Gotwin were to be expected in the afternoon, and only met by the knights and royals of Camelot only.

I stopped in my chambers, getting dressed in a clean version of my chainmail uniform, and arrived just in time to the steps of the courtyard, where I'd be meeting Elena.

"Princess Elena," I greeted her formally as I saw both her and her father's horse pull in front.

She was unlike any princess I have met before. Her blonde hair was flying all over the place, and she had a pair of mischievous brown eyes.

"Princess ... Elena?" I tried to get her attention, walking down the steps.

"Uh. Hello," She smiled awkwardly as she dismounted from her horse.

"I presume you are Aurora, are you not?" King Gotwin chuckled as he greeted me.

"Aurora Pendragon, to be precise," I corrected him politely.

"What nice to see you, Princess," The King smiled, "The King Uther must be proud of you, is he not? He and I have been allies ever since Arthur was a child."

I laughed, "I'm afraid I am no  princess, my King. Didn't my brother fill you in on the details?"

"I'm not sure he has, Aurora," Gotwin shot a glare at Arthur. I did, too.

Gotwin is Uther's friend, ally ever since Arthur was a child. While so, I was already moved to stay at Merlin's village alongside Hunith.

When I was nearly of age, I returned to Camelot, with no sign of resemblance to Uther.

"It's good to have you stay. I hope that your daughter ... Goes well with Mordred and my uncle, Agravaine." I gestured towards them.

Gotwin and I continued chatting with Arthur and Gwen, and Gotwin reminded me of how Arthur was when he was a child ( the time when I was gone )  and how silly he was.

"Who's that?" the four of us turned when we all heard Elena's voice.

She was looking at Leon.

Dressed in his chainmail uniform and wearing the Pendragon cape, he looked as if he hadn't been in the dungeons.

"Father," Elena called to Gotwin like a six year old child, "Who's that?"

Arthur let out a puff, "Bad idea," He muttered under his breath, and Gwen shook her head.

"That's Sir Leon of Camelot," Arthur cleared his throat, hoping to catch her off.

"Welcome to Camelot, princess," I heard Leon greet Elena awkwardly. He knew I was there. And he hadn't wanted me to suffer the same way I had before.

"I want to marry you," Elena went up to him.

I nearly choked on my saliva. I let out an uncontrollable cough, my face reddening awkwardly.

"I'm sure we c-could arrange that," Gotwin finally spoke up. But Arthur shook his head no.

"Why not?" Elena protested.

"B-Because it cannot be arranged." Gotwin knew Leon was married to me. In fact-he was one of our guests!

I decided to take this calmly. So Elena wouldn't wail or scream like a little child. "Then the wedding will commence," I said.