14 |

I picked up my sword and lashed out at Cenred's men. Arthur was there, expertly fighting off a large number of them as well.

"Retreat!" Arthur ordered.

"What? No," I said.

"Are you trying to get yourself killed?" He asked.

"No," I used the blade of my sword to protect myself from flying arrows, "but if we leave them, they will be able to bring Cenred back from death."

I ran to the direction of my enemies without waiting for Arthur's answer.

I burst inside the cottage, surprised to find Cenred's body gone.

"Looking for someone?"

I whirled around in surprise, finding Cenred back on his feet. "I thought I killed you!" I exclaimed.

He wrapped one arm around my neck, covering my mouth with his hand and held a dagger close to my throat with the other.

"You think you can kill me as easily? My men can easily feed me with the Cup of Life." He smirked, "Then you'd have to kill me all over again."

"You think your knights can find the Cup of Life?" He continued, "I'd like to see you try, Aurora."

I struggled to free myself, "My friends will not stop until all of you get what you deserve."

The door burst open, and Arthur rushed inside with the others. All held their swords tightly.

"Put your weapons down," Cenred ordered.

"You better not hurt her," Arthur said.

"Oh, I've hurt her enough. Isn't that true, Aurora?" Cenred pressed the blade closer to my throat.

I have never felt so defeated and weak in my life. If I raise my sword and kill him, his move would be lightning-fast and his hand would have sliced across my throat. I'd die anyway.

"Just let them go, Cenred. They're innocent." I told him, "They have done nothing to you."

"Tell me where King Gotwin and his daughter is. Then I will set her free,"

No... I thought.

"If you won't tell me then I will have her tortured right in front of you."

"You've tortured me enough," I snapped, "Haven't you had enough of your pleasures?"

At that, Leon's eyes widened but remained steady in his steps. It seemed that he and Arthur had not known about how rough Cenred had tortured me.

"I said, drop your weapons," Cenred repeated to the knights. When they hesitated, I let out a sigh, and dropped mine.

"Drop them," I ordered without raising my voice.

Reluctantly, they dropped their swords, metal clanking on the wooden floorboards and they raised their hands in surrender.

My sword ... I mouthed to Arthur, gesturing it using my eyes and free hands at the same time.

Arthur made a questioning face.

It can kill him. It was forged in the dragon's breath, I continued. Take it. End him .

He realised what I was up to. I was going to commit suicide. If Arthur agrees to pick up the sword, I will die.

It's a risk we must take.

"What's it going to be, Your Majesty?" Cenred sneered, smiling wickedly as he lowered the dagger to my waist.

"This ends now, Cenred," Arthur declared.

Within lightning speed, he picked up my sword and pierced Cenred with it.

I let out a gasp as the Cenred's hand flew across my waist at the same time.

It was all in slow-motion.

My world went black.