16 |

I looked around. I was surrounded by white and all I could see was ..... Nothing.

"Mother ..."

It sounded like an echo. A voice, forgotten. Far, far, away. The voice sounded familiar. Like I had heard it before once.

"Mother,"

I glanced around the shining white background I was waking up to. Dressed in my chainmail uniform.

"Ava? Is that you?" I called.

"Who else would it be?" A figure stepped into the view.

About three years older than she is before, she was dressed in a really clean faux purple gown with long sleeves. A thin golden crown encircled her forehead, bringing out the brown of her hair.

"Ava!" I practically hugged her.

She felt so real. So beautiful. She even smelled like lavender.

"You seemed ready for the passing of the afterlife," She told me, "Ready to join me."

"I.."

What about Leon? I thought in my head. I could never bear to leave him again.

"You have to be with Father. I understand that. You fought bravely once again against Cenred's army."

"That is why you must wake up," She said.

My brows raised. "I thought you wanted me to join you in the passing of the afterlife."

"As much as I want you to be here by my side, you have much to do in the land of the living."

"There are greater dangers than you know. The druid boy and your uncle. They musn't be allowed to walk on the grounds of Earth again."

"Mordred and Agravaine?" I guessed. She nodded grimly and held both my hands.

"You must hurry. If the ceremony commences, it will be too late, and Camelot will fall. Forever." She explained.

"How do I do that?"

"You have the sword forged in the dragon's breath. Do not allow them to escape out of your fingers. Corner them."

"I'll try,"

"Good luck, Mother," She smiled and gave me one last hug before disappearing.

I thought I had heard her saying, "Wake up,"

My eyes were suddenly blinded by the intense light I was shone on, and I felt life returning back to me.