17 |

I woke up in a gasp. The pillows around me fell on the floor. I was changed into my nightgown, but I decided to change back into my chainmail uniform.

I have failed you once, Ava. I won't fail you again. I promised inside my head.

I peeked out to check the corridor. No one. Great. The corridors will be cleared since everyone would be gathering for the ceremony of the dead.

I raced to the second storey of the ballroom, since there are balconies that look upon the entire room.

It was very cold, and I could hear Ava silently cheering me on. Or it might have been just my imaginations.

I entered the largest balcony, one that overlooked the whole ballroom.

Delicates and some esteemed guests such as King Gotwin and Princess Elena and Mordred and Agravaine were gathered there, as well as a few knights.

Morgana took the podium, dressed in all black, a formal funeral attire.

"As all of you may know that our King and brave knights went on a rescue mission," She began, "unfortunately, one of our family members ..."

Tears overwhelmed her. "O-One of o-our family members wasn't able to join us today."

"This ceremony is in the honor of the passing of Princess Aurora Pendragon, Captain of the Royal Guard, and our dear sister."

"She had bravely sacrificed herself so that our faithful knights could escape."

"And we will get to the bottom of this injustice," Morgana ended the speech, and Gwen comforted her.

After all, Morgana had not only lost her sister Morgause, she had also lost me.

They won't get to the bottom of this. I will show myself and speak up for myself. For I am the only witness to what Cenred, Mordred and Agravaine did to me.

"Sir Leon, do you have anything you'd like to add?" Arthur asked as Gwen soothed the crying Morgana.

I watched as Leon nodded, and he and the other four knights stepped forward. All were dressed in their Pendragon capes and chainmail uniform.

"All I have to say is, that Aurora is a fine woman, and in my opinion, she deserves everything and everyone after she has sacrificed herself to save us."

"Knights of Camelot, salute!" Immediately the five knights unsheathed their swords and raised them.

It was the formal passing salute of a royal if he or she passes away. Then they stabbed their swords on the ground.

"Uncle, anything you'd like to add?" Arthur asked.

Agravaine's face smirked. That snake. He wanted me to die quicker so he'd get rid of me and become the Captain?

Not so fast.

"I'd only like to add that Aurora is a wonderful niece, and hopes that she'll have a better life in the land of the dead."

The crowd erupted in tearful claps and cheers for his speech. Mordred looked satisfied. I was about to disappear from everybody's lives.

This is your chance, Ava's voice spoke up somewhere in my mind. Take it now before your chances disappear.

"Not so fast, Agravaine," I spoke up in a clear and loud voice. An order.