Mine (Nightmare x Ink)

Ink was roaming the  multiverse, like usual. He was annoyed with how much damage has been done to an AU recently- Dreamtale, to be exact. He thought that Dreamtale was doing fine and good and-... well, apparently not. He opened up a portal to Dreamtale and walked through. He definitely did not like the atmosphere. The AU was filled with dread, terror, and sadness. He hasn't seen Dream in a while, so he decided to go look for him first.

He made his way to the tree of feelings but was only terrified at what he saw. The tree of feelings- it was dead. He suspected that that's the reason why this place was filled with so much fear. He decided to find Dream, and he needed to do it quickly. If he didn't, well, who knows what would happen.

He asked anyone he could if they knew where Dream was. They would all either respond by just staring at Ink with fearful eyes or they would burst into tears. Ink knew he was going nowhere with this, so he decided to just look for Dream without anyone's help.

After maybe hours of searching, he found Dream.. but not in the way he'd expect.

Dream was turned into stone. Ink couldn't do anything other than stare. 'What the hell happened here..?' He thought to himself before he decided to investigate. He quickly teleported Dream to his void, not wanting any damage given to Dream.

Ink decided to try and ask people what happened. Like last time, they all had the same responses. Ink was beginning to give up hope, but luckily, someone actually told Ink what happened. The person explained the whole thing to Ink with pained eyes. It looked like they were on the verge of crying.

As soon as they finished explaining, Ink thanked them and set out. He knew he had to find someone named "Nightmare", and a few people mentioned something about a forest after the person finished explaining, so Ink decided to go explore the forest first.

-Timeskip-

Ink had been walking for hours now. He was exhausted and didn't know what to do anymore. He wanted to go back to his void or take a quick nap, but he didn't want to leave the AU like this.

Ink was dragging himself around the forest, hoping to find something. Much to his luck, he did find something. There was a light source not far from where he was, and he immediately lit up when he noticed. He ran towards it and ended up in front of a dark castle. He assumed that it was Nightmare's castle because it all kind of matched. He didn't feel tired anymore. Instead, he felt excited and slightly nervous.

He, of course, couldn't just waltz into the castle through the front door. No, he was going to waltz into the castle through a sneaky way.

Ink tried the window the farthest from the front door- the window at the back of the castle.

It was surprisingly unlocked. He jumped in and was met by two doors by his sides and a staircase going up in front of him. He decided to go up first because his gut was telling him it was the right way- even though technically, the right way was the door to his right.

He ran up the stairs and was met by- another door. He let out a sigh and hoped that the Castle wasn't filled with doors.

He pushed open the door and was greeted by a large room. He first noticed the design of the room- then the furniture. He loved all of it. I mean, who wouldn't like the calming colors on the walls? Or how everything was neat? Or how each furniture looked like something from the past? Or how there was a gooey figure sleeping on the b- Oh, wait.

Ink froze when he noticed someone sleeping on the bed. Hey, at least he found Nightmare, he thinks. He tried to leave but the door made too much noise now, so he decided to go out a window.

He tiptoed to the nearest window and tried to open it as quiet as possible. He eventually got it open and thought he was free- that thought was ruined by a tentacle wrapping around his ankle. He immediately froze, unable to move. The tentacle was cold like ice. He was panicking in his head- was he going to die..?

Thoughts raced through Ink's head before it all came to a halt when he heard a dark laugh come from behind him. Damn, does everything that has something to do with Nightmare always have to be dark? He slowly turned his head and was met by a melting Nightmare.

Ink knew he saw Nightmare before, a couple of times when he visited Dream. He was sure as hell that Nightmare didn't look like this before.
Ink didn't know what to do. He was face-to-face with an entity that could kill him. I mean, Error could kill Ink, but Ink would already knew Error's weaknesses, so it wasn't hard to avoid getting killed by him. Ink had no knowledge at all with this new Nightmare, and he was scared as hell, but he tried to act brave. So, Ink did the only thing that popped up in his head.

"....hEYYY BUDDY! HOW ARE YA?!" Ink suddenly exclaimed, a huge grin on his face. Nightmare was obviously unimpressed and decided that Ink was not a threat because.. I mean, look at Ink! Ink looks stupid right now.

But then again, Ink got what he wanted. Nightmare lowered his guard and Ink immediately went for the Paintbrush on his back. Ink attempted to summon a cage with his brush, but.. well, apparently, only Nightmare can use magic in the castle. No wonder he couldn't teleport out- Eh, he could only teleport through Ink and that wasn't going to help, so..

The two were having a very, very long staring contest. Nightmare ended it by pulling away Ink's brush from him with his tentacles and snapping it in half. He threw what remained of the brush to the side and turned his attention back at Ink.

"Hello, artist~" Nightmare sang in a taunting tone. Nightmare would usually kill anyone that trespassed right on spot- but he liked this one. It was... interesting. Either way, Nightmare was going to keep the smaller skeleton, whether they like it or not.

((Wheeze- I might make part 2 of this if people want it- If.))