Why are feelings so painful? (NightInk)

And now I realize how many of my oneshots has Nightmare in it-
Eh e- prepare for my bad attemptat mood swings- en j o y-

Also, thank you FanfictionAddict15 for the idea- this was getting too long so a part 2 is going to appear later-

Ink was currently hanging out with Dream and Blue, the three horsing around at the doodle sphere. The three were just having a small mini war, the three each having their own individual bases. Blue had a huge blue tower with blue bones surrounding it. His base was very Blue. Dream had a tree with a secret door, and a cannons that shoot at the other's bases. Ink had a bunker-like base. It was just a hatch with a few paint guns surrounding it. So far, none of them has started the war, probably still preparing random things. After a while, Dream made the first move. A beam of light shot out of the cannons and hit both Blue and Ink's bases. After that, chaos was all over the place.

All three of them were screaming and laughing, before Ink suddenly stopped. The two went on with their fight, not immediately noticing the lack of attacks from Ink. The artist just shut himself in bunker-like base as the two continued to have some fun. He sat in the corner of the room and just drowned himself in his thoughts. He didn't know what caused his feelings to change so suddenly, but he definitely didn't like it. His chest felt heavy and he felt like crying. He.. didnt understand this. The two, after who knows how long, finally noticed Ink was missing. So, they made an agreement to not attack each other to check on Ink first.

As they approached Ink's base, the feeling of worry overtook them. Ink was way too.. quiet, at the moment. They poked around with the bunker door and eventually got it to open. They slowly and carefully walked in before they spotted Ink sitting in the corner. The two rushed to Ink's side and immediately checked for anything wrong. "Ink?! Did something happen? What's wrong?" Blue asked as a worried expression took over his face. While Blue bombarded Ink with questions, Dream was checking all over Ink's body for any wounds or bruises, panicking a bit if he someh hurt Ink. "I-I'm fine.. please stop.." Ink told the two as he tried to push the two away. He kept insisting, but, they also kept insisiting. Another feeling overtook Ink as he started to feel annoyed.

"i'M FINE! STOP IT ALREADY!" Ink yelled as he shot a glare at the two. "WHAT WAS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND WITH WHAT I SAID?!" Ink exclaimed as he had a clearly annoyed expression on his face. He stood up and pushed the two away so he could leave what he currently saw as a bother. Halfway through the ladder for the exit, he froze. He quickly looked back at the two before he started apologizing endlessly. (As you can see, Author doesn't know how mood swings work.) This left the other two very.. confused. Ink wasn't usually like this, so they definitely started to suspect something. They were about to ask about it but Dream suddenly felt like something was happening at a certain AU, so he quickly got everyone there first. They could deal with Ink later anyways.

They ended up in Underfell, finding the bad sanses terrorizing basically the whole AU. Dream and Blue immediately went to hide behind a bush, but they were surprised to see Ink just standing there, a look of amusement on his face. Ink was surprisingly.. fascinated. He watched as the group attacked the monsters, some of them spilling some blood- and Ink just.. watched.. in plain sight. It didn't take long for a certain goopy monster to notice the artist. A smirk appeared on his face as he approached the smaller. They've had a lot of fights the past few months, and he's pretty sure the artist developed some feelings for him, somehow. He could sense it.

The artist suddenly had a look of fear on his face as he noticed the melting figure approach him. He wasn't exactly sure why he didn't hide right away, but he couldn't hide with Blue and Dream right now. It would give away their totally-not-obvious position. Nightmare stopped right in front of Ink as the artist looked up at him with wide eyes. Nightmare's smirk grew as he thought of all the things he could do to Ink. He couldn't really feed off of Ink's negative emotions since they were all fake.. but it wouldn't hurt to play with his feelings, right? He picked the artist up with his tentacles and got him closer- Probably enough to cause the smaller to go into a gay panic mode.

The artist, though, was also in normal panic. He trashed around and hit the tentacle holding him as he tried to get out of Nightmare's slimy grasp. "L-Let go of me, hentai monster!" Ink screamed as he continued to squirm around. An umamused expression appeared on Nightmare's face before he shrugged it off. He called for his team's attention and ordered them to go back to the base. Nightmare opened up a portal and grinned at Ink, causing Ink to trash around and struggle even harder. Ink tried to get his brush, but it was also stuck in Nightmare's grasp so that was out of the way. He shot a look to Dream and Blue- a look that basically begged for help- and not even five seconds later, an arrow shot out from one of the bushes and hit Nightmare's back.

Nightmare let out a screech as he shot a glare to a random bush. He shot a tentacle through it and pulled out a surprised Dream. "Stupid idiot. Your aura was always a dead giveaway." Nightmare stated before he flung Dream to a tree, a scared Blue popping out of the same bush and rushing to Dream to help him. While the other two were distracted, he walked through the portal with a terrfied Ink all wrapped up in a tentacle. He made his way inside the castle before he noticed Ink shaking. It took Nightmare a moment to realize it, but Ink was sobbing. The artist shook as he let out choked sobs. He felt like a bad person at the moment. He technically caused Dream to get worried and hurt, and he currently couldn't handle it.

Nightmare set Ink down on the couch as the artist curled up into a crying ball. Nightmare crossed his arms, expecting this to take a while. To his surprise, a minute later, Ink got out of his ball, stretched a bit, let out a yawn, and stood up. "Got any food in here? I'm hungry as hell." Ink stated before he roamed around, looking for the kitchen. Nightmare took a while to process this, but once he did, he captured Ink and kept him in his tentacle's grasp again. Ink let out a groan of frustration before an annoyed look came from his face. "You know, there's no point to doing this, right?" Ink said. "I'm going to get food sooner or later, so just let me go.." Ink added as the annoyed look remained on his face.

Nightmare was definitely stunned with how Ink was acting, but he couldn't really do anything about it.. Unless he- an idea popped into his head. A dark smile popped up on Nightmare's face as he brought Ink closer. He tightly held onto the sash (?) that kept Ink's vials, tore it off, and smashed it on the floor. He grinned as he looked at Ink for a reaction. Multiple expressions and emotions came over Ink at that moment. Rage, Fear, Confusion, Relief- and the list goes on. After a moment, Ink finally had a emotion he was set on. Ink's face was taken over by a look of.. Anticipation. And that was more than enough to confuse the goopy mess. He didn't understand what was happening to the Artist. He was always either happy-go-lucky or in serious mode, and right now, he couldn't pick which one Ink was in right now.

Nightmare groaned and stormed off, leaving Ink. He couldn't leave anyways- It's not like he could open up a portal inside the castle or leave through a door or window, so he should be fine. He probably should've locked Ink up in a room though since he started roaming around, eventually stumbling upon the kitchen. Ink quickly raced to the fridge and started eating whatever was in it. Halfway through, he was pretty sure he started crying. Was he still going to get out? Where was Dream and Blue? What will happen to him? Thoughts races his head as he just continued to eat and cry. Wow, he's fucked, huh?

((Take my bad excuse of