Effect | Zach Herron

Jack and you have been hanging out lately, like a lot. You guys, lets say, have a thing. Jack likes you, you like him, but you aren't official. Anyway, since Jack feels more comfortable around you and all now, he invites you back over to the Why Don't We house to introduce you to all of his band members for the first time.

"Guys, meet y/n. Y/n meet Daniel, Corbyn, Jonah and Zach." Jack said introducing you to the guys by pointing to each of them.

"Ahh, so this is Jack's kidnapper." Daniel chuckled.

"Nice to meet y'all." You said and waved to all of them.

"No no no, we're huggers." Jonah said as all of the boys smashed you into a huge group hug.

A few moments later, you all gathered up in the living room to watch a movie. Daniel, Jonah, and Corbyn were on the couch. Zach on a separate chair. You and Jack in front of the couch with blankets.

"I'm going to go get a drink of water, I'll be right back." You said to Jack.

Jack nodded as he opened the blanket up for you to leave. You moved your head off of Jack's shoulder and got up to the kitchen.

You grabbed a glass cup from the squeaky cabinet and poured the water from the fridge into it only halfway. Then closed your eyes and swallowed the cold liquid that soothed your throat. Once you opened your eyes back up, a pair of brown eyes appeared right in front of you, startling you.

You jumped. Thank god you drank most of the water in the cup, otherwise you would've spilled it everywhere.

"Holy shit Zach, you scared me!"

"Sorry." He chuckled.

He walked closer to you and your heart started racing. He had some effect on you, he was melting you with those brown eyes that weren't too dark or too light. He then reached his right arm above you. Your faces inches away form each other. A few seconds pass as he is just staring into your eyes until you hear the squeaky cabinet door open. He grabbed a glass cup and walked away from you and poured the fridge water into his cup.

Holy shit. What the fuck was that?

You finished your cup of water and walked back to the living room shook.

Once the movie ended, Corbyn suggested that we should watch Tarzan and of course we all agreed.

Halfway through the second movie, all of the boys were asleep, or so you thought.

You had to pee because of that glass of water, so you found your way to the bathroom. When you came out, someone was waiting by the doorframe, which startled you once again.

"Ekskfklrncw!" You took a breath. "Zach, you gotta stop doing that." You laughed.

He didn't say anything, he just stared at you, locking eyes with you.

"Uh.. okay, nice talk." You said awkwardly and tried to walk past him but couldn't.

"Excuse me please." You said, but he was just stood there blocking you.

He walked closer to you and you moved back until your back bumped against the wall. Your faces inches apart. He studied you in complete silence, from your eyes to your lips. He then brought his right hand up to your face and brushed your cheek softly with his thumb.

"You had an eyelash."