Bet | Jack Avery

"A bet, a bet!" You yelled.

You turned around and began to walk away slowly.

"Y/n, let me explain, please." He said grabbing onto your wrist.

"I don't want an explanation Jack, I want to leave." You said avoiding eye contact.

"Yeah it was a stupid bet okay! But believe me, I wouldn't have met you if I didn't agree to it." He paused. "Look at me, please."

You looked into those soft brown eyes that were filled with guilt.

Good, he deserves it.

"Y/n, you're the best thing that has ever happened to me. You're not only gorgeous on the outside, you're beautiful in and out."

"How much was it?"

"Huh?"

"How much was the bet?"

"Y/n, no that doesn't matter. Please forgi..."

"How much did you lose?" You said a bit louder cutting him off.

"$100." Jonah said walking up to you guys.

You scoffed and pulled away from Jack's grip.

"He shouldn't have taken advantage." Jonah made a tsk tsk sound. "C'mon y/n. Wouldn't want you to have a horrible prom because of Avery."

Jonah held his arm out, wanting you to link arms with him. You linked arms and tried to enjoy the rest of the night without Jack. But memories with him from the past weeks buzzed around in your head all night. You couldn't forget all of the jokes you made, the food you made, the memories you made together, everything.

He was right. Without the stupid bet, we probably wouldn't have met. Goddamnit.

You ran searching for Jack.

"Y/n!" Jonah yelled after you.

You ignored him and had your main focus on finding Jack.

Except... He wasn't anywhere to be found.

Then you remembered. The place.

You see Jack sitting alone on a rock throwing pebbles into a little lake.

"Jack." You said.

He didn't bother to look and see who it is. He knew.

He knew that soft gentle voice from anywhere.

He didn't say anything but sighed.

You walked and stood in front of him.

"Jack."

Nothing.

"Jack please look at me."

He didn't move. He looked more down at the ground.

You lightly tilted his head up with your right hand.

His eyes were bright red, his face was moist and hot.

"I'm so sorry y/n. I'm so sorry." He said and then broke down sobbing.

You sat next to him on the rock and held him. You held him until he felt safe and felt like he could talk.

"I'm so sorry." He kept saying over and over again.

"Shh.. it's okay Jack. It's okay baby."

He finally pulled it together and sniffled.

"Y/n. I need to be honest. I can't say that I regret taking the bet. I can't say that. If I did, then that would be a lie. The biggest lie I would have ever told. I love you and I always will. My heart belongs to you and only you."