Toxic | Corbyn Besson

"I'd love to go to the movies with you tonight." You smiled.

"Sweet, pick you up at 7." Jason said and walked off.

You grabbed your math textbook, stuck it in your backpack, and then closed your locker. When you looked up, you saw your ex Corbyn Besson. He was obviously looking your way because he immediately looked away when you looked in his direction.

It always hurt when you saw him.

All of the pain, the memories, everything always rushed back.

You shot a slight smile and walked away.

•●•●•

"So what movie are we seeing?" You asked Jason walking through the theaters main front doors.

"The Quiet Place?"

"Uhm. I'm not a big fan of horror movies. How about Adrift?" You suggested.

"Alright."

Jason bought the tickets for Adrift and you guys got a bucket of popcorn.

"I need to pee, I'll be right back." You stated.

"I'll wait right here." Jason said with a mouthful of popcorn.

You walked to and in the girls bathroom.

Wait a minute.

You walked back out and see an awfully familiar guy in a red jumpsuit with those glasses you bought him for his birthday.

You pulled him into a little corner where no one could see you guys.

"Corbyn Matthew Besson." You said folding your arms.

"Pshhhh I don't know a Corbyn Matthew Besson."

"I'm not stupid bean.. uh Corbyn. I got you those glasses for your birthday." You said and pulled them off his face.

"Oh right." He nervously said and scratched the back of his neck.

"What are you doing here?"

"I.. uh work here."

"No you don't."

"Uh. Yes."

"Is your name Tyler?" You asked staring at the nametag on his red jumpsuit.

"Yes....?"

"Bea..Corbyn just leave please. Don't follow me ever again okay?" You said and began to walk away but then he grabbed onto your wrist gently.

"Y/n, listen. I know you broke up with me because it was for the best, but it wasn't." He paused. "I'm still in love with you and I always will be. We're meant for each other y/n." He said looking into your eyes for a sign of hope, anything.

"Corbyn."

"Say Bean. You've always called me Bean."

You looked away. You couldn't keep looking into those beautiful blue eyes.

You know this is best for him. You know that he will be more successful now that you're out of his way. He just needs to move on. He needs to move on from you. No matter what you guys tried, something always kept pushing you guys away from each other. Fate? Destiny? Who knows. Just, no matter how much you loved each other, it never worked out. Something always got in the way. And no matter how much you love him, not matter how much you care for him, you need to stay away from him.

Toxic. That's what you are. Or, it's almost as if you are an allergy to him. Everything would be fine and then SNEEZE everything went to shit. It would just cycle again and again, like the seasons.

"If we were meant to be, we would've been by now." You took a deep breath. "I.. im sorry." You choked, handing his glasses back, and ran out of the building.

NOTE

the picture fits so well even tho the plot was dumb