Threat | Jonah Marais

"I still love her." Jonah said.

"Jonah. It's been a year." Zach stated.

"I know. I'm still going to search for her."

"I don't think she wants to be found. We've looked everywhere and still can't find her."

"B..but why? Why would she just disappear?"

"I can't answer that buddy."

Jonah pulled the note she left behind, from his back pocket and unfolded it.

"You still have that?" Zach asked.

"Of course. It's the last thing she left."

•●•●•

The boys decided on their day off, to go explore around the city.

"Who wants to go get coffee?" Jack asked.

"I guess." Jonah said slumped.

Jonah has never been the same since Daya has left. Since she disappeared. Coffee didn't have the same kind of kick it use to, to Jonah.

"I'll go too. I want a muffin." Corbyn tagged along.

"Okay, we'll be at the shops across the street." Daniel said and walked away with Zach.

As Jonah, Jack and Corbyn waited in a long line at the Coffee Cafe, Daniel and Zach went into some little shop they've never heard of and decided to check it out.

"Huh, interesting." Zach said briefly touching a... dreamcatcher maybe?

Daniel and Zach walked around and saw someone awfully familiar checking out.

"Zach." Daniel nudged Zach's shoulder. "She looks familiar." Daniel finished saying.

"Daya?" Zach shouted.

The girl turned around. Her lightly freckled tan face and soft hazel eyes made eye contact with the boy's. She immediately grabbed her bags and tried booking it out of the shop. Luckly Daniel was fast enough to get in front of her. When she tried to escape again by turning around, Zach was behind her.

"Shit." She said under her breath.

"Daya, where have you been? We've been looking for you forever! Are you okay?" Zach asked concerned looking at her and seeing her physical differences. 

She no longer had light brown hair. It was now black. Her style changed from bohemian to grundge. She looked like a whole different person.

She looked around the shop seeing if Jonah was with them.

"Jonah isn't with us." Daniel said softly.

She took a deep breath and said softly, "Hey guys."

Daniel and Zach both hugged her tightly. Once they let go, Daniel had something to say.

"Daya, where have you been? Your letter didn't really, well, explain a whole lot." Daniel said and Zach agreeingly nodded.

Daya's eyes were heating and watering up. She was just glad Jonah wasn't there or she would've broke down.

"I.. I had to leave." She choked out.

"But why? Did someone threaten you?" Zach asked confused.

No answer.

FLASHBACK

"How much do I need to pay you to leave my son alone? He can't be seen dating a nobody like you. What, 10 thousand? 100 thousand?" Mrs. Marais asked pulling her checkbook out.