Chapter 1 : Betrayed

In the middle of the night, two figures are standing on the roof of a skyscraper under the bright light of the moon.

The wind blew making the night colder but the two people don't move.

They're a man and a woman in their twenties. The man is handsome but his looks are covered by the immense greed in his eyes and the woman is devastatingly beautiful, cold and expressionless but if you look closely in her eyes there are traces of pain and also anger.

"Why?" The woman asked calmly interrupting the silence of the night. Even if she was calm on the outside, her heart was crying for the man before her.

"Why? Haha!" The man laughed scornfully at her question. He's a genius assassin in the assassin guild and is always the best in the best, but all of this was ruined when she appeared. She became the topic of all, stole his place in the people's hearts and even obtained the golden medal prize as the best assassin. The people that feared him now feared her, the people that admired him now admire her and the worst thing is that they always compare him to her. "Because I've always envied you, I've never loved you. I always wanted you dead. If you don't exist then all the people will forget about you and I'll become the best assassin."

Hearing the words of the man she loves the most, she can't help but smile bitterly in her heart. She gave him all the power she has, her wealth, her trust and even her heart. But what did she obtain in exchange? Only his betrayal.

They have been together for six years already and all the time he was lying to her. All the times he said he loved her were all lies, all the times he kissed her and the feelings they had for each other were all lies. LIES! ALL LIES! IN THIS WORLD YOU CAN TRUST ONLY YOURSELF!

The man didn't know how much he hurt her because even if he tried to search some change of expression on her face, he didn't find pain or sadness, all he saw was her still cold and expressionless face. Seeing her like that only made his heart grow colder and colder for the woman before him.

He took out a gun and aimed it at the woman's heart.

She felt her entire world being crashed when she saw him aim a gun at her heart.

He didn't say anything anymore. Even if he said something it was useless. He pressed the trigger and a 'bang' saw was heard as in only a second the heart of the woman was pierced by the bullet.

Her body grew colder and colder but it wasn't comparable to the coldness and sadness in her heart, the only warmth she felt was the blood that was flowing endlessly from her heart.

A tear fell from the corner of her right eye and coughed out blood and fell to the ground. She lightly closed her eyes as she wait for her death.

Seeing her tear he knew she was in great pain because of him. He felt regret, he was blinded by jealousy and lost himself in greed. He ran towards the falling her and embraced her so she wouldn't fall to the ground. His hands lightly caress her cheek that was like snow, white and cold.

He initially approached her to kill her but he slowly started to fell something different for her. Yesterday he heard the other members of the assassin guild compare me to her, say that he wasn't fit for her and that he would always be weaker. What they were saying enraged him. He was filled with anger an jealousy and he became greedy for power. He didn't think thoroughly and he did something he would regret for his entire life.

"Xi'er. Xi'er! Answer me! Wake up! Don't leave me! Don't leave...me...wuuwuu" His voice wobbles, trying not to cry, but he still cried.

Regret. Is what he's feeling. He regretted it. He regretted doing all this. He regretted being overwhelmed by jealousy. He loves her. He loves her so much. At first he really wanted to kill her, but when he knew her more, he begun to love her.