Chapter 6- Agitation

Again. Not long enough but I'm working on it. I didn't make the quote and I don't recall who did but it's from an author here on wattpad. Any thing I put up like this picture relates to the book. Anyway, enjoy.

Chapter 6 (Evelyn's POV)

Agitation

I groggily snuggled into Nick. No. I don't want to be awake. I like to sleep. I tried desperately to stay sleepy but it only pulled me further from sleeps embrace. I propped myself up on my elbows causing Nick to groan. Ops. I quickly adjusted so that my elbows were not digging into him leaving us chest to chest. Sleeping on the twin sized bed together is possible but only because even if we had a giant bed we would still sleep this close. I had slept with almost my whole torso curled up on Nick's chest while he slept on his back. It's the only was we could sleep. I can't sleep if he isn't there but we simply can't fit on the damn bed any other way.

Last night we stayed up till nearly four in the morning but it was worth it. It felt like it did when i was in high school. Everyone laughing and care free. Plus we purchased everything to finish our house. All in all we didn't have to buy all new stuff. For the kitchen and bathroom we pretty much did. The rest of the house though only has a few new things. Nick had a bunch of the things that were in the house to begin with fixed up. We would be sleeping in it tonight with the help of the pack. Someone probably already went to fetch our stuff. I'm not quite sure how everything is suddenly happening but it's happening.

"Morning baby."

"Afternoon." I corrected.

"What we missed breakfast?"

"Yeah we did. Nick can you explain how it's possible that we bought all those things for our house?"

"It's simple really. Shortly after the pack was first formed the alpha started a ferry company for wolfs in and out of the pack to aid in the finding of mates."

"How the hell does that explain it?"

"It became extremely successful and popular even with the humans. Now it's a big company that leaves us with more money then we could ever use."

"I didn't realize you had money like that. I mean I knew you didn't have work and neither did your parents but..."

"I know and I'm sorry but it has a lot to do with the wolf thing."

"I understand. So... who runs it?"

"When the acting alphas retire they do but it isn't hard to run. When my grandparents died my parents took over early."

There was a light knocking on the door before it opened. Marla popped her head in and I instantly turned red.

"The pack got back with the house stuff. You two better get dressed and over there so they know where to start."

"We'll be right over."

She smiled at me."Evelyn there is no need to be embarrassed."

"I know but I can't help it."

After another smile at us she slipped out and closed the door behind her. I turned back to Nick and started to sit up. I think she is just happy to have grandkids on the way. Not that she knows it's twins. We didn't tell them.

"I don't know how you people are so comfortable. She doesn't even flinch when she sees that I'm in bed naked with her son."

"It's how we were raised. Relationships aren't abused in the shifter world. Plus if you have a mate it doesn't matter how old they are they are going to have sex."