seven.

"wh-what?" jia stuttered, her heart beating fast. "what do you mean?" she started panicking. she calmed herself down and slowly processed the whole situation.

"are you a stalker or something?" jia looked at her suspiciously.

"no, jia. i'm your childhood friend, remember?" hoseok looked at her, hoping that she would, but she just looked at him with a confused face. "of course you don't remember, you hit your head too hard on that car crash," he said, sadly.

"how do you know that?" jia was shocked at what he just said.

her parents died in a car crash two years ago, she was the only one who survived the crash. although she forgot some fragments of her memory. what hoseok said is quite reasonable. she knew that she forgot a lot but she can't trust him too fast. he may just have seen it in the news.

"we have a lot of sources, you know. you may have seen that in an article or something," jia stated.

"i didn't, i found out when my parents told me about it," hoseok replied. "i don't know, i don't remember," jia said.

"remember when we first met," hoseok reminisced, smiling. "when you were alone playing in the sandpit at the park," hoseok laughed. "you threw sand at me and told me to go away when i approached you, luckily, i didn't get sand on my eyes, only my mouth," he said. "after that we got really close because i wouldn't leave you there alone."

"oh! and remember when you cried to hard because you got a 'bad' score on math when we were in high school. it wasn't really bad, you got seventy out of one hundred for fuck's sake! jesus, i got forty-three that time. i'm supposed to cry, not you!" hoseok continued. "i ended up treating you ice cream."

jia started to tear up, unconsciously. a tear started to ran down her cheeks. hoseok looked at her worriedly. "i'm sorry, jia. this must've overwhelmed you, i'm not asking you to remember, i don't want you to have a hard time. i'm sorry," he was clearly panicking.

"you seem so familiar."