eight.

tears started trickling down her face. her head started to hurt. she held her temple, slowly massaging them.

"why can't i remember?" jia mumbled to herself, frustrated.

"hey, hey, there's no need to rush, you don't have to," hoseok said worriedly. "i'll get you a glass of water."

he stood up and went to the kitchen to get some water.

jia rested her head on the headboard of the sofa, looking up the ceiling. she covered her eyes with her forearm as she cried. hoseok arrived and sat down next to her but she didn't move.

"jia? here's your water," hoseok said. jia sat up straight and drank the water he gave her.

she breathed in and out to calm herself. she was trying to remember the memories the boy just mentioned, but as she tried, her head started to hurt. she began to get frustrated at herself.

"you don't have to remember, jia," hoseok reassured. "i have to!" she exclaimed, clearly frustrated. "if i don't, i'll hurt you!"

"jia, that's okay, i'm used to it," he stated. "i mean, you didn't remember me for the past 2 years since the car crash," he added. "i just need to, okay?" she answered. "you don't need to, i'm not rushing you. take it slowly," he said.

"i need to, hoseok."

"but you don't-"

"why do i feel like you're so special to me?"