sixteen.

three years has passed by, they both had been together for two years and a half. he was preparing for the special event that would probably be the second or third most precious that's going to happen in his life. try to figure out the first.

"you ready, hoseok?" his friend, yoongi, asked him. the said boy nodded. he prepared something special since jia isn't fond of extravagant things. "a little bit nervous though," he said. "you don't need to be, i'm sure it's gonna go well," yoongi pat his back and handed him the small velvet box that contains something very special. he placed in on his pocket.

"hopefully."

-

jia arrived at their apartment complex, she was quite tired from work. hoseok took a day off.

"you tired? do you wanna take a bath?" hoseok asked her as he took her coat off for her. she nodded in response. "i prepared the bath for you," he lead her to the bathroom. she then went inside.

she was surprised by what hoseok prepared for her. bathroom was covered with scented candles and there were rose petals everywhere, including the water in which the petals floated on. she smiled at her thoughtful boyfriend. she then dipped in after she took all her used clothes off.

"after you're finished, put some clothes on and eat dinner, i placed your clothes beside the sink for you!" hoseok shouted.

after she was finished and put on the clothes that were placed beside the sink as hoseok told her and went outside where she saw a trail of rose petals leading her to the dining area. when she arrived, rose petals that were shaped like a heart were surrounding the dining table. the aroma of the food made her sat down.

"don't eat yet! there's one last thing that i need to prepare," hoseok called out from the kitchen, coming out after five minutes and placed two single servings of steak on the table, one for him and one for her. pasta and salad were also placed on the table. wine is also present.

"what's all this?" jia asked him with a smile. "oh, nothing special, i just want you to have the best time of your life so eat up," hoseok replied, a smile also dancing on his lips. she did what he told her.

after eating, hoseok then called out her name making her look at him.

"yes?" she replied.

"you've been the most precious thing, no, not thing, human being in my life. after i saw you again, seeing you standing at the edge, i just couldn't help myself to save you. i didn't want to let you go, i never wanted to let you go. after all these years spending my time with you, i realized that i wouldn't mind saving you again and again and again and again. i will forever serve as your nightlight when the days are too dark and you're too scared to continue on. so if you'll allow me," hoseok kneeled down, pulling out the velvet box and opening it, a ring shining is now seen. jia's now sobbing. she couldn't believe what was happening right now, it was devastating but she was so happy.

"will you marry me?"

"yes."

-

a/n;;
oof. an end. kind of. epilogue coming soon.