Silence

"You really like Y/N Jisung?"

Na Jaemin is the pretty boy out of the younger sum of my friends.

It seemed like every girl wanted to date him. I feel like they only want him for his looks though. Either way, he chooses not to date. I guess he thinks the same thing I do.

"Yeah..., I do..."

"Does she know?"

"No, and she can never find out"

"Why not? If you like her, then tell her how you feel."

I looked over at her while she was eating lunch with her friends.

She's so cute...

The way her hair falls effortlessly, the way she smiles, and how she always seems to be happy no matter what. Everything about her, makes me fall in love with her even more each passing day.

"She's too good. She deserves better than me. I don't wanna rush into it and risk getting my heart broken..."

"Oh... I understand... But she has to find out sooner or later..."

"I know... That's what scares me even more..."

I sighed at my own defeat.

I want to tell her, but I just can't. I don't know why, but I can't, even though I really want to.

She's too good...

No...

She's too perfect...

-

"You knucklehead! How can you not tell her?!"

"Donghyuck, chill out"

"You haven't even thought about what he's feeling. There's probably a good reason he hasn't told her yet!"

"She's gonna find out anyway!"

I sat in my last class for the day, and silently listened to my friends Mark Lee and Lee Jeno try to reason with our very obnoxious friend, Lee Donghyuck.

It's true he wasn't thinking about my feelings, but he had a point. She is gonna find out anyway.

"Jisung, just tell her!"

"Shut up! You're causing a scene!"

It was true.

Everyone in the class was staring at us, though the teacher was fast asleep. I'll never comprehend how he can sleep through all of this noise, but oh well. Mark had given up trying to calm him down, and just put his head down.

"Whoops. My bad."

"Anyways, how do you feel about telling her Jisung?"

I didn't want to speak, so I just wrote my response down. I tore off the part of the paper I wrote on, and passed it across the table.

'I don't want to yet.
She might like someone else.
I don't want to get my heart broken'

"See! He doesn't want to tell her yet Donghyuck!"

"Aish! Stop talking so loud!"

Mark finally said with a stern look.

"You know, we're all friends with her, and apart from you, we all hang out with her and acknowledge her existence. We could just tell her instead of you taking an eternity to-"

"No"

"Come ooonn!"

"Donghyuck, that's enough."

"You know just as much as I do that he needs to tell her himself!"

"Donghyuck, stop upsetting poor Jisung..."

"He's just being a wimp about it. I would've been told her if it was me!"

"I SAID NO! SHUT UP!"

I yelled, slamming my fist on our table.

Jeno flinched at my sudden outburst. Mark stared Donghyuck down, and he and I were staring at each other, anger laced in my eyes, and confusion and shock laced in his.

The whole class got quiet.

"I told you to stop. Let him make his own decisions"

Jeno calmly reasoned.

Donghyuck just looked away with an unreadable expression on his face.

"Jisung. Come with me."

Mark stood up and motioned me to follow him.

I looked at Jeno, who just smiled at me. Donghyuck looked at me, and quickly looked away.

I sighed and got up to follow Mark. We both grabbed a bathroom pass before we left, not that our sleeping teacher even cared.

-

I followed Mark to wherever he was taking me. We both decided to stay silent, seeing that I was as heated as he was.

We passed by multiple spots where I thought we'd stop. Multiple stairwells, empty classrooms, even an empty gymnasium. It felt like we might've gone halfway across the building by now.

We finally came to this room that looked like a bathroom, though I've never seen it before. He opened it, and it looked nicer than any other bathroom at this school!

It must be really special.

When I walked in, it came to my attention that there was only one huge stall. Weird.

"Get in"

I looked at Mark with a confused look.

It doesn't look right for two guys to go into one individual stall, alone. But despite that, I got in. He got in after me, and locked it behind him.

I was confused and flustered for a moment, but I then realized why he brought me here.

"Now you can share your feelings here to me, without anyone interrogating you"