Fusion

Mark has been devastated for the past two hours over the fact that Donghyuck got jumped. We all had to sit outside the room for a few minutes, since a few nurses and doctors came to treat him further.

He still hasn't woken up yet, but it makes sense that he hasn't. He lost a lot of blood from his stab wounds, and he had to be treated immediately after he got here.

After they operated on him, Taeyong and Kun made sure that his stitches were cleaned properly, while Jungwoo had to calm Doyoung, since he was just as panicked as Mark.

Maybe not as heartbroken as he was though.

The rest of us, except Y/N, tried to get him to realize it wasn't his fault. If anything, he protected Donghyuck all this time by going practically everywhere with him. Donghyuck isn't the type to go anywhere by himself anyway.

"Mark-hyung, it's not your fault"

"It is though... If I hadn't said that he was heartless, he wouldn't have gone off by himself. He wouldn't have gotten jumped. He wouldn't be in the state he's in now..."

"You couldn't have known this would happen hyung, neither could any of us, not even Donghyuck"

Renjun reassured him.

"I..., just miss him... I didn't mean to hurt him..."

"We know you didn't, but things happen for a reason. We just don't know why it happened"

Lucas explained, petting Mark's head.

"I hope he wakes up soon..."

"He will in time hyung. Have patience."

Just then, Kun came outside and interrupted our conversation.

"Donghyuck's gonna be fine"

"How is he now?"

Jeno asked as Mark looked up with hope.

"He lost a lot of blood, but since they stitched him up and treated his wounds, his blood flow should replace the amount he lost"

"Is he still unconscious?"

"It's more like he's just asleep now. Oh, by the way Mark, even though he's asleep, we heard him call your name a few times"

"W-What?"

"You guys can go see him if you want"

Mark, of course, was the first to dash back to the room, followed by the rest of us.

-

For the whole time we've been in here, which was about twenty minutes, the only thing Mark has said is "I'm sorry" or "Please wake up" or "I miss you".

Y/N and I stayed with him since everyone got annoyed by him not saying anything else. They left the room again to get drinks and snacks from the vending machines.

Turns out, Y/N was helping Taeyong-hyung and Kun-hyung take care of Donghyuck. It makes sense. When we were younger, she always used to comfort me if I got hurt.

She did for all of us actually. She just always had that motherly instinct, and the passion for taking care of others in need.

"Aish... Why did this have to happen...?"